Sign in to follow this  
Guest revoraman

MD-11

Guest revoraman

Can someone kindly inform me as to how I input the ADF2 settings in the Nav/Rad page of the FMC using a Flightplan I create via FSBuild? I have followed the Tutorial several times now,and have made several flights with the par excellence MD-11,but am fairly sure that the ADF2 setting of 316 at LSK 3R in the Tutorial does not apply to other flights other than the Tutorial or flights from EGLL using that particular SID.I can input the settings at LSK 1L and LSK 4L with information derived from the FSNavigator airport display but leave the ADF2 blank as any bearing information I have tried to input at ADF2(LSK 3R)results in 'Out Of Range' error flags.I must be doing something incorrectly.Please advise.RIC

Can someone kindly inform me as to how I input the ADF2 settings in the Nav/Rad page of the FMC using a Flightplan I create via FSBuild? I have followed the Tutorial several times now,and have made several flights with the par excellence MD-11,but am fairly sure that the ADF2 setting of 316 at LSK 3R in the Tutorial does not apply to other flights other than the Tutorial or flights from EGLL using that particular SID.I can input the settings at LSK 1L and LSK 4L with information derived from the FSNavigator airport display but leave the ADF2 blank as any bearing information I have tried to input at ADF2(LSK 3R)results in 'Out Of Range' error flags.I must be doing something incorrectly.Please advise.RIC
RIC,ADF's only accept Frequency or Ident. NOT a bearing!Harry

RIC, if the sid or star mention an NDB then by all means put it in the navrad page, it's only for situational awareness. Some sids will say fly to NDBxx then turn, in that case add it and you will see when to turn.There was an excellent thread on here on how to define waypoints somewhere in the last few days. I.E. how to fly an arc round a fix.As said only frequency/name in the adf box for NDBs.John Ellison