Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rdu2008

Adding runways with afcad

Guest Rdu2008

Hi everyone I was wondering on how to see a runway in fs2004 after you have added it with afcad. Here's my issue I have imagine sim KCLT or Charlotte/Douglas International Airport I recently found out that charlotte is undergoing a new runway. I decided to make the runway with afcad and when i activated the scenery it did not add the runway (seeing wise) you can see the runway on the map and of course on afcad. But when I got to Charlotte/Douglas theres no runway. Please Help!!! lol

Two possibilities. One is that the terrain needs to be flattened under your new runway. The other is that in fs9, it is possible to place airport scenery using two methods: bglcomp using xml code, or bglc/scasm using bgl code as done in prior versions. When the bglc/scasm scenery method is used, it prevents the bglcomp scenery (including that created by AFCAD) from showing. The invisible part of the scenery, known as airport facility data, is still taken from the bglcomp/AFCAD data.scott s..

Guest Rdu2008

So are there any programs that will do this??? Any names of some???

Airport for Windows might be able to work with it. But commercial products tend to use various tricks that are hard for the scenery file disassembly programs to work with.scott s..

A simple way to add a flatten to an airport using Afcad is to place a concrete apron under the runway....

Guest CarlHill
Airport for Windows might be able to work with it. But commercial products tend to use various tricks that are hard for the scenery file disassembly programs to work with.scott s..
Afcad runways do not work on top of gMax ground polys. There is no work around as far as FS2004 techniques go, but some of the old scasm based programs may work. It will be nearly impossible to blend it in properly though. CH