Sign in to follow this  
Guest David_Lee

Tom - what the heck?

Guest David_Lee

Hi Tom,I keep posting about my Goflight equipment on Ebay but it apparently keeps getting deleted. There are other posts here about stuff for sale. Is it because it should be in the hardware forum? I'm using a new registration because I can't seem to make my old one work and my spam software at work won't allow me to get a new password. I've been on this site for years - just not recently. I must have missed a memo! ;-)David

Hi Tom,I keep posting about my Goflight equipment on Ebay but it apparently keeps getting deleted. There are other posts here about stuff for sale. Is it because it should be in the hardware forum? I'm using a new registration because I can't seem to make my old one work and my spam software at work won't allow me to get a new password. I've been on this site for years - just not recently. I must have missed a memo! ;-)David
And it will continue to get deleted until such time as we run out of patience and disable your posting rights entirely. Read the rules in the Swap Meet forum. Our rules are very clear on this. Also, why does it take multiple deletions to get the message across? It seems to me that one deletion would get my attention, were I you, and I would have asked a lot sooner. Please do not post EBay listings on our forums.

Guest David_Lee

Wow, Tom, really? I've been an active Avsim contributor for a long time and was just trying to figure out what I was doing wrong (yes, I know my current registration shows me as a newbie but I explained that already). I always wondered why people drop out of such a great hobby but, honestly, I'm burned out on it and moving on. To those I've gotten to know over the years (Geoff A - you are probably one of the earlier posters I recall - I often wonder if you still use that Baron throttle quad I sent your way), I learned a lot here and had a great time. If I ever update my PC to something close to FSX capable, I may be back. Tom, sorry for the inadvertent violation of the rules.David

Wow, Tom, really? I've been an active Avsim contributor for a long time and was just trying to figure out what I was doing wrong (yes, I know my current registration shows me as a newbie but I explained that already). I always wondered why people drop out of such a great hobby but, honestly, I'm burned out on it and moving on. To those I've gotten to know over the years (Geoff A - you are probably one of the earlier posters I recall - I often wonder if you still use that Baron throttle quad I sent your way), I learned a lot here and had a great time. If I ever update my PC to something close to FSX capable, I may be back. Tom, sorry for the inadvertent violation of the rules.David
Hi David!Yes I use the Baron quad every day-and every day thank you for it. I still owe you a beer and a plane ride....Sorry you got burned out on flight simming but hopefully after a rest you will be back...

Guest David_Lee

Hi Geoff,Great to hear from you and glad to hear the Baron quad is still getting good use! My FS burnout has many facets. The biggest one is I bought a sailboat last year and I'm really enjoying working on it (I managed to get it in the garage over our long Minnesota winter). I may actually enjoy working on it more than sailing it but it's a close call - a little like how I enjoyed simming more than actually flying once I got my license (well, it was a lot cheaper too!). FSX worked OK on my PC but with most of the extras turned down - which made it only a little better than FS9 for me. Then one by one my PCs started dying - the two that I used for Project Magenta went first and, more recently, my primary FS PC got wiped out by some virus pretending to be antivirus software. I tried a few things to revive it myself but it probably needs a trip to the Geek Squad. It won't even boot at this point! To get back to where I was would probably take about $4K that I'd rather put into the boat at this point (and my wife would prefer to put in savings!). It didn't seem like a big investment over the last ten years but to do it all again in one shot - yikes! If I get the main PC running again I will probably focus on IL2 and Falcon for awhile. I still have a small warbird-type cockpit that I built. Taking apart the big sim gives me more room for the model railroad! ;-) Never at a loss for hobbies!Are you still in Detroit? I came across your name in a different venue recently. Our 8y old daughter has been playing the violin for three years and I was looking for music for her to play along with (although she's more of a fiddler than violinist). I saw a Bach concerto Music-Minus-One that you recorded! I used to use MMO for practicing when I played classical guitar (many years and many hobbies ago!). Small world! Drop me a line on my email sometime, Geoff, and take care!David

Hi Geoff,Great to hear from you and glad to hear the Baron quad is still getting good use! My FS burnout has many facets. The biggest one is I bought a sailboat last year and I'm really enjoying working on it (I managed to get it in the garage over our long Minnesota winter). I may actually enjoy working on it more than sailing it but it's a close call - a little like how I enjoyed simming more than actually flying once I got my license (well, it was a lot cheaper too!). FSX worked OK on my PC but with most of the extras turned down - which made it only a little better than FS9 for me. Then one by one my PCs started dying - the two that I used for Project Magenta went first and, more recently, my primary FS PC got wiped out by some virus pretending to be antivirus software. I tried a few things to revive it myself but it probably needs a trip to the Geek Squad. It won't even boot at this point! To get back to where I was would probably take about $4K that I'd rather put into the boat at this point (and my wife would prefer to put in savings!). It didn't seem like a big investment over the last ten years but to do it all again in one shot - yikes! If I get the main PC running again I will probably focus on IL2 and Falcon for awhile. I still have a small warbird-type cockpit that I built. Taking apart the big sim gives me more room for the model railroad! ;-) Never at a loss for hobbies!Are you still in Detroit? I came across your name in a different venue recently. Our 8y old daughter has been playing the violin for three years and I was looking for music for her to play along with (although she's more of a fiddler than violinist). I saw a Bach concerto Music-Minus-One that you recorded! I used to use MMO for practicing when I played classical guitar (many years and many hobbies ago!). Small world! Drop me a line on my email sometime, Geoff, and take care!David
David-check your email...

Hi David,I am the one who deleted your posts.Don't take it wrong, nothing against you personally of course.Just some basic rules to preserve Avsim's forums quality.Best,

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

David, if you happen to be into the Virtual Skipper 5 wave now , send me a PM. Letsgetiton. :(

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White