Sign in to follow this  

HiI've been using FS9 a while now because at least few months ago there wasn't a solution to wind shifts in FSX.So the question is really simple. Will latest ASA in combination with latest FSUIPC produce good winds aloft without any wind shifts?I haven't found any clear answer to this issue from the developers...//Olli

FSX + ASA (beta build before the current one) + FSUIPC wind smoothing = realistic winds aloft with no violent wind shifts. I have not been using the ASA-provided smoothing options (although I may try now, as this seems to be recommended by HIFI for the PMDG-addons that I mostly fly).I guess what you are really asking is, will you get wind shifts on your system with your preferred settings. Why not give it a try?Cheers,Tom

FSX + ASA (beta build before the current one) + FSUIPC wind smoothing = realistic winds aloft with no violent wind shifts. I have not been using the ASA-provided smoothing options (although I may try now, as this seems to be recommended by HIFI for the PMDG-addons that I mostly fly).I guess what you are really asking is, will you get wind shifts on your system with your preferred settings. Why not give it a try?Cheers,Tom
TomI'm using ASX and was trying to find opinions of whether registering FSUIPC and using their wind smoothing capabilities would eliminate the erratic wind shifts that I occasionaly see. I see that you use both FSUIPC and ASA. An alternative option for me might be to upgrade from ASX to ASA and not register FSUIPC. Does ASA by itself have the right stuff to give me a realistic high altitude wind environment?ThanksBrent

Does ASA by itself have the right stuff to give me a realistic high altitude wind environment?
Supposedly ASA smooths wind directly, without the need for FSUIPC. I haven't tried it, though.Tom

I see. Tom (in addition to anyone else who reads this) are you using ASX with the wind smoothing settings in FSUIPC and if so, how effective is it?Thanks,Brent

I see. Tom (in addition to anyone else who reads this) are you using ASX with the wind smoothing settings in FSUIPC and if so, how effective is it?Thanks,Brent
At least on my PC, ASX and FSUIPC work better together than what only ASX does...Having said that, be aware that wind shifts will always be there anyway!!! What FSUIPC does is only smoothing the wind direction changes, so instead of having a 180 degree change (YES 180

Guest abulaafia

I don't use FSUIPC and have no wind shifts with the latest ASA beta.

...What FSUIPC does is only smoothing the wind direction changes, so instead of having a 180 degree change (YES 180