Sign in to follow this  
Guest hans_k

A340 accelerate into overspeed during climb

Guest hans_k

Dear Community,I "fly" ABs since several years. I am (was :( ) a registered user w/ Phoenix. After a total computer crash I had to re-install everything from (doubtful) resources off the internet. The AB 320 family is fine, but I have a problem in the 330/340.I manage to take off and get the bird in stable flight condx at 5000 ft. The MCDU is properly programmed. AP and ATHR are engaged and the speed is stable at 250 mph. As soon as I climb (managed or open) the speed constantly increases into overspeed. Obviously the ATHR increases thrust and the pitch/speed regulation does not work properly. The bird still climbs at unreasonable rates. Everything else looks OK. I still had the Bob Scott redesigned aircraft files. These do not solve the principal problem.My questions would be:Does somebody know which file is responsible to handle the pitch/climb/speed relationship? Is it the gauges, the aircraft.cfg, the air files, or what? I thoght it would be the gauges file. I have several versions of these: 34.476.032 bytes from 2/12/03 and 34.480.128 bytes from 16/2/04 and 34.463.744 bytes from 18/9/03. I tried them all w/ no cure.Since the AB 319/320/321 is OK, I exclude FSUIP and FS9 (SP1) issues.Win XP SP3I realised that all request for help to download files in this forum have not got any answer. I understand that, however could somebody issue a list of file names and versions, which are the right & good ones. Versions here means, number of bytes and create/modify dates, because the version control of Phoenix was not updated. All gauges files I have say Version 1.0.0 from Phoenix.Best RegardsHans Kurscheidt

Guest lgvpilot1

After a total computer crash I had to re-install everything from (doubtful) resources off the internet :( I admire your honesty I really do , but for the life of me I cannot see anyone helping you with this The fact that PSS left everyone in the lurch the way they collapsed could perhaps justify your actions ,but then anyone could download their products and claim as you do that they paid for them originally I know this is not what you wanted to hear (read) but i think you will find that is the consensus around here Mark

Guest hans_k
I admire your honesty I really do , ... and claim as you do that they paid for them originally I know this is not what you wanted to hear (read) but i think you will find that is the consensus around here Mark
Dear Mark,I don't want to put anybody in limbo and therefore I did not ask to send me files. If my doing is understandable or immoral is a separate topic. I was also hoping that Rob or somebody previously close to Phoenix would have a copy of the customer database, where I could give my registered e-mail handle to prove my purchase.Apart from that copy story, I asked a few simple factual questions. I hope that somebody could answer these and leave me alone w/ the copy problem .Regardshk.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.