Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

THANK YOU - Nick "Meatwater" Schreger

Hi... Just figured for someone to devote so much time and effort to a FREE improvement for us to all use deserves a post of it's own... I downloaded and installed the (10) V2 required files to improve the voice files in RC4 over the weekend... WOW - what a difference a day makes... The install was extremely simple and now RC4 sounds pretty close to what I hear in the the cockpit all the time... I hope the RC5 team is seriously considreing using your talents in the next release... It would be very disappointing to go back to the old style WAV's... OUTSTANDING job - sir - keep up the good work...Thanks,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi... Just figured for someone to devote so much time and effort to a FREE improvement for us to all use deserves a post of it's own... I downloaded and installed the (10) V2 required files to improve the voice files in RC4 over the weekend... WOW - what a difference a day makes... The install was extremely simple and now RC4 sounds pretty close to what I hear in the the cockpit all the time... I hope the RC5 team is seriously considreing using your talents in the next release... It would be very disappointing to go back to the old style WAV's... OUTSTANDING job - sir - keep up the good work...Thanks,Scott
Thanks Scott, a pat on the back is always welcome and the best reward :)

Guest Mower

When I unzip I get file corruption errors. Have d/l a second time, no change. It then crashes RC.

Guest Alias

Nick,I see there are 5 packages in a row then other 10: what's the difference?ThanksEDIT: I have downloaded all 10 packages but RC4 crashes as many packages are lost within the "winwood" directory, where can I find them?

I have no idea how to install these either, I downloaded the five zip files put them in a temp directory on C then tried to unzip them, WinZip starts but then asks me to locate the rest of the file. The instructions are not really clear in the readme. Do all the files have to stay in the zip folders??? then it also says somewhere on AVSIM that you have to rename certain files, but this is not even in the instructions, Im just soOOOOOO confused about this set up. Could an expert please provide a detailed step by step set up. I would greatly appreciate it.IanPS I thought there was only 5 packs??? Is there really ten.

Hi Ian,you need to download version 2 of the voicepacks. There are 10 zip files. Just follow the read me instructions and you'll be good to go. Any problems just get back to me and I'll try and help further but in version 2 the instructions are very straightforward.Steve

Thanks Steve, When on the Avsim site I did not scroll down far enough to even see that there was a V2. Im downloading them now, hopefully no problems. Thanks very much.Ian