Sign in to follow this  

Does anybody know?

As I am sure many of you are, I am anxiously awaiting the first full preview of FS2004. We had our first full preview of FS2002 by this time two years ago, and it was not released until October or Movember (if my memory serves me correctly). Can anybody give a good guesstimate when it might be coming down the pipe?

"According to Amazon.com it is out on July 29th 2003."Don't lend any respect for the dates you see published at EB, Amazon, etc.... Same thing went on with FS98, FS2000 and FS2002. They get a date from Microsoft, maybe pad it with a few days, and publish it. But then the testers (if they are listened to this time) find a show stopper, or some feature of the sim is pulled because of current events. And the date slides.When you see the beta testers released from their NDA's, then you'll know it's coming soon. I would be surprised at this point if FS2004 has even hit full beta. I haven't seen any hint that someone has it, whereas several blabbed when FS2002 was under beta, and it turned out later their "Blabs" were truth. Despite Microsoft's worst threats, I don't think human nature has swung around in just two years. -John

geez..my son's wedding is in July. I hope I don't have to ask him to change the date...:-)Sherm

Guest Joshieca

Well I would agree...I just said what I see online...I would think that by the end of Aug is a more real date...but still, soon the better is always better. :)

For some reason, my hunch is October.... Just always seems regardless of the announced dates, FS always comes around October. I'd love to be wrong on this one. What could speed this release is if it's main intent is to update the weather engine. If the scenery, landclass, etc.... is the same, then I doubt you'll see delays caused by those elements. The added aircraft will still likely be less sophisticated than freeware--so add a week or two for their development. And since MS has neglected multiplayer since FS98, with little complaint from the community, I suspect they won't rework it in this release. Perhaps flying with the AI has become more fun than flying with (to borrow a phrase from Star Trek) "carbon units" :)

Guest crashing_pilot

well,my .02 cents:i think we won't see it before january 2004....

Guest Joshieca

>>>geez..my son's wedding is in July. I hope I don't have to ask>him to change the date...:-)>>Sherm>:-lol :-lol

Guest Lizardo

I don't expect it as soon as July either..for all of the reasons given. (And, I think we all agree that what we have SEEN so far has been "nice" but not "wow".) But also, they'll make more $ the closer they get to Christmas since it would make a great gift. And, the Wrights didn't fly until December 17th..so no "historical" reason to send it out before December. I'm guessing mid/late October.

Seriously I hope they focus on making it better and bug free, so i dont really care how long i wait, im pretty happy w/ 2002 as it is.Kevin

Guest outtatimeiii

Agreed. FS2002 is humming along nicely on my 1.2GHz Athlon box. Pretty sure that I can get FS2004 running nicely on my comp when it is out, BUT it took me forever to get the right settings for FS2002. Not willing to change anytime soon.

Guest Tim13

Maybe I'm an optimist, but it seems that there are two incentives for a July release. First is the EAA convention, and second is the TV show that is goning to be on Discovery Wings showcasing FS2004 that is set to air in July. Besides, I don't recall FS2000, or FS2002 being delayed. Once a MS release date was given on those two, they were released on time.Tim13

The thing that has me confused is that for both FS2000 and 02, we had previews months before the release. We had full previews of FS2002 in April 01, while FS2002 was not released until well into the fall. As of yet, we have not had a full preview. Is that something to be concerned with? Or, have there just been no oportunities for such a preview? Robb

what tv show? there is a tv show on now called learning to fly that show FS2k2. it is very good program , stuff you can easily practice in the sim - anyone else see this?ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

July,Because both the publishers I know have new artwork coming for the new ad for their August issues (which publish in July).MS had already mentioned July and this was confirmed at the press launchhttp://www.simflight.com/news5/modules.php...rticle&sid=2715Although the TV programme has been mentioned, I can't find any reference to it on the Discovery/DiscoveryWings website. Anyone have any links?ChasW