Sign in to follow this  
duesenwerni

Holiday Express Dornier 228

Hi,as I am new here - my name is Werner and I

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

Mein Kompliment , seht sehr gut aus.Maybe you might consider to make the spinners alu-polished and the prop-blades a bit lighter grey.The real plane almost does not show any rivet-lines.Try to downtone them and make them as small as possible.Best regardsLeen de JagerZum Beispiel wie so.17.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Leen,thank you for the compliment and advice.As I haven

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

Making shiny alu surfaces is done by using different shades of grey and putting an alpha layer behind it.Download my Fokker F28 US air repaint and see what I did on that one.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Leen,thanx for explaining me the art of polished alu I

Hi Leen,thank you for the links to the tutorials. I

Regarding the spinner color, I received an answer from Premair. They have the color of the spinner "hardcoded" in their model.
Hardcoding a color ,for a part like this, in the model , ohh my goodness , thery are still living in the "Stone-Ages".They even make models for FSX still unsuitable for Directx 10.Why?FSX gives our computers a hard time already and turning of DX10 makes another 10 fps disappear.It is time they start "contemporary-planebuilding". :( Keeping up the pace with the development of the sim is vital.In a few years we wil have simulators with DX10 only ( MSFS or X-Plane or someone else)I like their models, nevertheless I seldom use them in FSX for obvious reasons.Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Leen,the "-" in the registration is corrected now :( And I

Ok Werner , you make a good job of it.This new shot shows another little glitch.The cheatlines at the nose are not 100% Matching , these little details make the diffrence between , just a paint and a really fine paint.Leen de Jagersorry for being so precise , I am Quality-controller at McPhatstudios.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Good morning Leen,allright, you got me there :( . I will take care of it right now.Best regards,Werner

Got everything together now:Thanks Leen for pointing me at the little nuisances :( This well might be the final version now. If there

Hi Leen,the stripes at the rear door are ok. They just seem to be not aligned because the door protrudes a little. I