Sign in to follow this  
Guest captainwalton

Wilco Airbus N1 display shows 0.0%

Guest captainwalton

When i climb to cruise altitude my engine N1 display acts weirdly and decreases very slowly. It slowly decreases until it reaches 0.0% then then engines themselves lose power and the only way to regain power is to descend to a lower altitude. I was in cruise at FL370 and this is a suitable altitude for it, i shouldnt have to descend to FL300 which i had to to regain power?It is not an icing problem as i had the ENG 1 ENG 2 AND WING ANTI ICE all selected. Also i had the PROB HEAT switch on too.I know this isnt the forum for the wilco airbus but i was told to come here to see if anyone had any advice?It happens everytime i climb to a cruise altitude of FL330-390 Its strange?Ive reformatted my computer and started again but it still did it.My configuration:Intel core duo 2 processor 6GB RAM1GB ATI Radeon graphics cardWindows Vista with FSX SP2 installed FSUIPC (not registered)FSINN 1.3 (the beta one)Wilco 737 PIC Airbus series vol.1 with FS2CREW/navigraph AIRAC 0903PMDG 747LEVEL D 767 Is it my configration thats not right?No one else has ever mentioned this problem so why i am getting it?Is is something im doing wrong?Any help would be great.Thanks, Steve.

I just checked in the real A320/A321 Airbus manual's Cruise section, to see what I could find, and it says that:'ENG ANTI ICE must be ON when icing conditions exist or are anticipated, except during climb and cruise when the SAT is below -40 degrees C' (I think they could have worded that better by the way, and I suspect they mean 'above' i.e. warmer). So maybe you could try climbing without ENG ANTI ICE on.It also says that you should check the FOB (fuel on board) quantity every 30 mins and if you spot a discrepancy, it is indicative that you have some fuel freezing.I don't know exactly how accurate the systems simulation is on the Wilco Airbus, but as I understand it, it's fairly accurate in almost everything other than the simulation of the Alpha Floor Function, so you might want to check those above suggestions out.More mundane stuff could be such things as the Flight Sim itself miscalculating the altitude/temperature for the weather you had on your flight and starving the engines of air, so you might want to try a climb to 39,000 feet in very cold, average and very warm temperatures and see if it makes much difference.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest captainwalton
I just checked in the real A320/A321 Airbus manual's Cruise section, to see what I could find, and it says that:'ENG ANTI ICE must be ON when icing conditions exist or are anticipated, except during climb and cruise when the SAT is below -40 degrees C' (I think they could have worded that better by the way, and I suspect they mean 'above' i.e. warmer). So maybe you could try climbing without ENG ANTI ICE on.It also says that you should check the FOB (fuel on board) quantity every 30 mins and if you spot a discrepancy, it is indicative that you have some fuel freezing.I don't know exactly how accurate the systems simulation is on the Wilco Airbus, but as I understand it, it's fairly accurate in almost everything other than the simulation of the Alpha Floor Function, so you might want to check those above suggestions out.More mundane stuff could be such things as the Flight Sim itself miscalculating the altitude/temperature for the weather you had on your flight and starving the engines of air, so you might want to try a climb to 39,000 feet in very cold, average and very warm temperatures and see if it makes much difference.Al
Ive figured out that its something to do with weather.When i have clear skies (default weather) it works perfect with no problems what so ever but when i select real world weather using default flight sim weather or vatsim weather ive noticed that the SAT stays at about -57 and the TAT changes from -29 to +46?This is strange surely this tempreture cant be right at this altitude?I think it might be something to do with FSUIPC 4.0 i tried to select "weather settings off" in the menu but it still refreshes the weather every 3 seconds or so is there anyway to stop this from happening?Many Thanks.

Guest captainwalton

I have sorted the problem now. Its was FSINN that was causing the problem by the weather not loading correctly and giving false information which the airbus computers followed and was causing the engines to be starved of air.Thanks for your help.

Guest Felipe_Carmona

Hi, I have the same problem and have confirmed that it's the weather as you say, but I'd like to know how exactly did you address the problem, did you stopped using FSInn? or just the wheather engine?Thanx

Guest captainwalton

Just disabled the tick boxes (both of them) from the weather menu in settings. Also I now have Active Sky X it is a lot better. :(

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.