Sign in to follow this  
byork

Eurozone Voice Set Ready for Download! (includes UK and US voice set update, too)

MD-11 Drivers:We're pleased to announce that the Eurozone voice set for the PMDG MD-11 Edition of FS2Crew is now ready for download!!!This is a FREE upgrade.The Eurozone voice set adds a full (mixed) European accented flight, ground and cabin crew to the MD-11. Flight Crew voices are that of real world pilots.Important: The Eurozone voice set includes an update for the UK and US voice sets, so everyone should install it.Important: You'll need to have the February 2009 or later version of the FS2Crew Start Center installed prior to installing the Voice Sets!How to Use:After downloading the Voice Set, open the Feb 2009 or later version of the FS2Crew Start Center, and open the MD-11 sub tab. Select the desired voice set you wish to use with your MD-11. That's it!The download links for the Start Center and the new Euro MD-11 Voice Set are in the FS2Crew Downloads and Updates section:FS2Crew Downloads and Updates Page File size: Approx 365 MB.For support, please visit the FS2Crew Support Forum.euvoice2.jpg

I did my first flight and it all worked very well. It's nice to be able to switch between the different languagues for different flights. The recordings are not as good as the american recordings (sounds more like sitting in a large hall), but the different accents and added soundeffects are very nice!One little error I found: at about 25" the F/O says he walks out for some coffee. The captain (me) says that's fine, but it isn't because he has to test the GPWS a few seconds later. In some myserious way he still manages to push the test button while he's not in the cockpit, but I think it's not very realistic to have such a button nearby the coffee machine...

One little error I found: at about 25" the F/O says he walks out for some coffee. The captain (me) says that's fine, but it isn't because he has to test the GPWS a few seconds later. In some myserious way he still manages to push the test button while he's not in the cockpit, but I think it's not very realistic to have such a button nearby the coffee machine...
Hahaha, well noted! :( I can try to adjust the timing, but the wav file which contains the coffee bit (my attempt to make the cockpit a little more lively!) is tied to the Start Boarding button and dialogue. If the button is pushed very early while the copilot is still making his checks, something like you described may happen.I'll see what the feedback on the "extra sounds" is and if required I can remove it completely.Thanks for the feedback on sound quality too. This is a known tradeoff - the recordings are for the most part made in each "actors" home, so the equipment and surroundings vary. Sound qualities like room echo can't be removed completely, even with professional equipment. We'll improve on that though for the coming voice sets!Kimmo Kyle voice set managementFS2Crewkyle@fs2crew.com(Finland UTC +2)

Hahaha, well noted! :( I can try to adjust the timing, but the wav file which contains the coffee bit (my attempt to make the cockpit a little more lively!) is tied to the Start Boarding button and dialogue. If the button is pushed very early while the copilot is still making his checks, something like you described may happen.
According to the manual you should call the purser to start boarding after you checked the fuel with the engineer. After that, the FO has to do his entire cockpit preparation checks 'phase 3'. So I would advise the FO to get his coffee after the emergency lights and evac test or after he has done all the cockpit preparations.
I'll see what the feedback on the "extra sounds" is and if required I can remove it completely.
Don't do that! I like the extra sounds, altough it would be nice if the FO offered me a cup of coffee too. Now I still have to get my own coffee...
Thanks for the feedback on sound quality too. This is a known tradeoff - the recordings are for the most part made in each "actors" home, so the equipment and surroundings vary. Sound qualities like room echo can't be removed completely, even with professional equipment. We'll improve on that though for the coming voice sets!
I completely understand and it's no big deal. Thanks for this nice work!

I completely understand and it's no big deal. Thanks for this nice work!
You're welcome!Everyone should thank Kimmo Kyle and the voice actors for doing such a great job!Creating a voice set is huge undertaking. Coordinating people scattered all over the globe is not easy.Cheers,