Sign in to follow this  
flytrumpet767

New system for FS9 exclusively

Hi Guys,After a lot of reading on this particular forum and lots of research I was able to come up with a new system that is being currently built.I had a budget of under $1000 cndn and wasn't really looking for something for FSX.Will this system make my FS9 flying days happy?-Asus P5QL-Pro S775 P43-Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.16G-Transcend 1066 4G RAM-SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200 3Gb/s 500G SATA 32M HD -COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP case-Geforce 9600GT 512M-COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power 650W Power Supply-COOLER MASTER V8 CPU Cooler (to OC the E8500)Going to run this under XP 32,with a new ACER 19 LCD monitor.Any thoughts?ThanksRichard

Hi Guys,After a lot of reading on this particular forum and lots of research I was able to come up with a new system that is being currently built.I had a budget of under $1000 cndn and wasn't really looking for something for FSX.Will this system make my FS9 flying days happy?-Asus P5QL-Pro S775 P43-Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.16G-Transcend 1066 4G RAM-SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200 3Gb/s 500G SATA 32M HD -COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP case-Geforce 9600GT 512M-COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power 650W Power Supply-COOLER MASTER V8 CPU Cooler (to OC the E8500)Going to run this under XP 32,with a new ACER 19 LCD monitor.Any thoughts?ThanksRichard
Should run FS9 very well.I did similar upgrade (xp32, seamless fs9 performance) few months back and my selection was:Asus P5QIntel Core 2 E5200ATI Radeon HD 4670, 512 MB2*1 Gig PC2-6400 MushkinE5200 is now overclocked to 3,32 mhz and system is rock solid. Last week to tackle slight noise issue I did replace Intel stardard cooler with Noctua NH-U12P cooler. All in all very cost efficient package and the deliverable is simply outstanding. \\ Perttu

If you can add it to your budget, I highly recommend a 2nd drive, WD Velociraptor for example 150GB. I did it recently and it changed my FS-behaviour 10fold. I had it on 7200rpm drive until now...

I reckon you will run FSX OK on that setup!I have an ASUS P5QL Pro, only slightly faster E8600 CPU, and similarly a 9600GT (but 1024mb). I have 4xAA, top weather settings, and scenery to the top with the exception of normal autogen (sparse is even good if you like the big jets!). I get a steady 30fps running Active Sky ASA and LevelD 767 and i have never witnessed it drop below 35 even under the most demanding situation.I REALLY recommend you find a 1024mb version of the GPU (about the same price) as benchmarks have seen it outperform a 9800 on FSX. Its a great card. Your RAM is superior to the 800Mhz stocks I have.rm2242

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Looks pretty good. See my specs in the sig...similar to what you are looking at. I have my E8500 running at 3.8GHz which is plenty fast for FS9. Quick and fluid in any condition with any add-ons so far. Agree with the post above that recommends a second drive. I have been running FS off a dedicated drive for a long time now. Helps greatly with performance and texture load times. Good luck!

Looks pretty good. See my specs in the sig...similar to what you are looking at. I have my E8500 running at 3.8GHz which is plenty fast for FS9. Quick and fluid in any condition with any add-ons so far. Agree with the post above that recommends a second drive. I have been running FS off a dedicated drive for a long time now. Helps greatly with performance and texture load times. Good luck!
Thanks for the comments guys.Been running the system for about 2 weeks now and I'm very happy.Richard