Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Should I buy FSUIPC4?

Guest cliffie1931

What would be the purpose of buying the popular FSUIPC4? Would it improve my flying experience?Cliff

For me, registered copy of FSUIPC for both FS9 and FSX is required. There is nothing else that does near as well with smoothing the MSFS horrible wx engine. I need it for winds, temp and pressure. I don't use it for anything else (and it does have a lot of utility) but the one thing I do use it for is something I must have. Just my two cents.

Dan Downs KCRP

What would be the purpose of buying the popular FSUIPC4? Would it improve my flying experience?
Also it's an easy way to program your yoke buttons and calibrate your axis.

Well, I use active sky.So my question is, works this the same as FSUIPC4? Because I'm very pleased with it.GoofEHEH

I've been using a registered version for years now (since early FS9 days), and would be hard pressed to live without it.

• Wind, temperature, and pressure smoothing (essentially fixes all the issues with FS's broken weather system)
  • Advanced control of your joystick axes (makes trivial things like using an axis for your gear lever, reversers, etc)
  • Macro system that integrates with FS gauges (to control things that don't have a FS command)
  • Much more. You really need to read the user's guide to grasp how capable this program is.
  • Plus, via his forum, Pete has one of the highest levels of software support that you will find anywhere.

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest Mower

How does it interact with Saitek yokes/pedals?

How does it interact with Saitek yokes/pedals?
Works great with Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System.

Guest Mower
There is nothing else that does near as well with smoothing the MSFS horrible wx engine. I need it for winds, temp and pressure.
But do not third party payware apps like Active Sky Advanced and Real Weather Extreme do these things as well?Cuase I already own those.

I also have ASX and used to have the FS9 counterpart, but still need FSUIPC for the weather.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Buzz313th

IMHO, it's one of those addons that is a must have.Comes in very handy for many needed aplications...If using ASX or ASA, it allows you to enable atmospheric smoothing and not be stuck with global weather for the HIFI weather products.There are also neat utilities to control icing levels, controller inputs and mapping, logging, and many more.If you are asking, then it's definately worth the money.JB

Guest cliffie1931

My thanks to all of you. I'm convinced.Cliff

Guest Mower

I am not convinced at all. ;-)