Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Fuel Planner MD-11

Hello to all!Sorry for my poor english, but i'm Spanish lolOk, go to the question!Does exist any Fuel Planner for MD-11? Tomorrow i go to Fly from LEMD to KJFK, and i need know the fuel needed!I read about calculate with FMC, but i don't understand ...Help me please!Regards from SpainBuenas noches

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Guest Mower

There currently is none such there is for the 744.Please...no more people telling us you can use the FMS for this! I would like a fuel PLANNER I can use before I get into the jet.

There currently is none such there is for the 744.Please...no more people telling us you can use the FMS for this! I would like a fuel PLANNER I can use before I get into the jet.
Yes! I also would like a Fuel Planner!

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Guest cliffie1931
Hello to all!Sorry for my poor english, but i'm Spanish lolOk, go to the question!Does exist any Fuel Planner for MD-11? Tomorrow i go to Fly from LEMD to KJFK, and i need know the fuel needed!I read about calculate with FMC, but i don't understand ...Help me please!Regards from SpainBuenas noches
Buenas dias from a sunny Spring morning on the Costa Blanca.I've entered your route into the new flight planning utility called "VRoute Premium" and it calculated the following figures for the MD-11Taxi fuel: 800 lbs Total trip fuel: 124570 lbs Contingency fuel: 6230 lbs Alternate fuel: 8300 lbs Final reserve fuel: 6360 lbs Minimum landing fuel: 11000 lbs Captain's reserve: lbs TOTAL: 157760 lbs It also offers the option of planning for the 747 so this may be what you're looking for.The link to the initial Home page is http://www.vroute.net/and you'll be able to read the short description of what it does.Cliff

You'll need to purchase vroute premium to get it to give you the values... Cliff, I understand you know that, but others may not... thanks for the heads up, I have been toying with the idea of spending the cash ono vroute premium, I like what it does in the freeware vroute.info version...So far, I have done the following:Enter the flight plan, including SID and expected STAR/APP/RWY, enter alternate, and then plug in a fuel value that results in around 45 mins final reserve, the bottom value calculated by the FMS. That works very well after around 50 flights of 90-300 minutes' duration...OK, so it is not a dedicated fuel planner, but it works very well for me. After a bit of getting usewd to the parameters and their effect, I can get the fuel entry correct to what I want within a couple of entries...

Buenas dias from a sunny Spring morning on the Costa Blanca.I've entered your route into the new flight planning utility called "VRoute Premium" and it calculated the following figures for the MD-11Taxi fuel: 800 lbs Total trip fuel: 124570 lbs Contingency fuel: 6230 lbs Alternate fuel: 8300 lbs Final reserve fuel: 6360 lbs Minimum landing fuel: 11000 lbs Captain's reserve: lbs TOTAL: 157760 lbs It also offers the option of planning for the 747 so this may be what you're looking for.The link to the initial Home page is http://www.vroute.net/and you'll be able to read the short description of what it does.Cliff
Thanks friend!!!

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Hello,You can use the good old FSBuild for Flight Planning, which also has performance data for the MD11 (both engine variants). The results are very good, too. Usually you will have a 2-3 tonnes difference in planned vs. actual fuel on longer routes. But this is an acceptable margin I think.RegardsP.S. Please sign your posts with your real world name as per the forum rules. Thank you.

Guest Mower

Does vroute have the MD-11?

Cliff's post above would imply so, but only a registered user of vroute premium can confirm this...Andrew

Guest cliffie1931
Cliff's post above would imply so, but only a registered user of vroute premium can confirm this...Andrew
Yes, Vroute does include the MD-11 and, yes I ommited to explain that it's only in the paid Premium version that this facility is available. But bearing in mind the choice of the relevant charts also available in this new flight Planner I reckon it's money well spent. Enjoy!cliff

Guest Mower

Hmm, still pondering Flight Operation Center...has anyone used it with the PMDG MD-11?Thanx.

I use a rough guide and it works fine.450 nm per hour = 8t of fuel per hour, +8t spare and 4t for diversion/holding .Never have any problems.AlainV