Sign in to follow this  
deaconblues

Wilco Pub. "Tilt Rotor"

Has anybody here bought this yet? I rolled my eyes when they released this, but over the past few months I've become very intrigued. I have Wilco's Citation X, and I love it, but that's their only product with which I'm familiar. What do you think?

OK Aaron, if you insist.I don't have this product as I am not interested in it at all.But one fellow Polish simmer apparently bought it and expressed his opinion on another forum.Taking its main conclusions and translating them roughly into English that would be:- no real 2D panel- the radiostack taken from the default boeing- blurry textures in the VC- very simplified avionics- irritating flight dynamics- total waste of moneyJudge for yourself. There are always different views, so someone may jump here to share some enthusiasm about this product.I hope it helps somehow.

Guest belga1

Hello,Seem's the Osprey (same category of Wilco tilt rotor machine) from Alphasim is a little way better .........Regards.bye.gif

Guest lgvpilot1

I was looking at this as a curiousity and while looking at various sites , one comment from a proud owner springs to mind He said "bought it , installed it , flew it , deleted it !"Now to balance this , it is only one comment and for the life of me I cannot find that same post so It could just be a "wilco Basher"But from what i have read, the credit card stays in the wallet for this oneI think if it was me I would follow Belga1's advice Mark

Hi Aaron,One review can be found athttp://simflight.com/2008/12/review-wilco-...or-fsx-version/Admitted, this is the FSX version, and the FS9 version has a little less (visual) gimmicks; but it flies/handles exactly the same.Whether you like this aircraft or not, mostly depends on your interrest in this (unique) type of aircraft.But in it's category (V22-Osprey type of aircraft), it''s the best one IMO.(And I know them all, since I made VTOL implementations for allmost every VTOL-capable aircraft released in the past years).Also better then Alphasim's V22; not surprisingly, since that model is already 5+ years old.Also, on the SOH FS2004 forum, there are several thread discussing this product.For some reason, aircraft-types like these are more popular in the SOH user-community then here at avsim.Regards, Rob

Thanks for the link to the review Bob... that review was actually what prompted me to start this thread in the first place. That link is a good tool for anyone starting to research this product.Thanks to everyone else who responded. I know that Wilco just released an update for the tilt rotor yesterday; it seems to me they still have some work to do before they reach a quality level I'm willing to pay for... I still think it's a pretty cool-looking aircraft. I can't wait to see the real thing zipping around the sky someday!

I wish this company would just roll over and die already
HATER! LOLI know some people really hate Wilco. I don't know... I have a couple of their other products, and I've been happy with them. To each his own, I guess...

I wish this company would just roll over and die already
Now now, don't be hating on poor old Wilco. They're just the publisher. The developers that develop for them are the ones that should be made to suffer for consistently unleashing their abominations of products on unsuspecting populace.

Now now, don't be hating on poor old Wilco. They're just the publisher. The developers that develop for them are the ones that should be made to suffer for consistently unleashing their abominations of products on unsuspecting populace.
Oh boy,Finally a constructive and non-generalizing post in this thread ....