Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

RWY 12 Object placer program.(Mucho Disgruntlement)

Hello AllFor two days now I have tried (with no success)to place objects.I am sure I have installed the program correctly(although its a bit of a b----r )I 'think?' I have installed the the various third party programs from MSoft that are needed(could be wrong here its all a bit fuzzy on the MS site as to what i am downloading)but so far my efforts at populating the Gulf area with tankers,containers(Pirates) etc have drawn a blank Gulf still remains deeply blue and resolutely devoid of shipping.Is there anyway a working copy of the program could be sent to me?(without of course breaking any rules,stepping on feet or infringing anybody or thing.)The gulf needs tankers.The English channel(the busiest shipping lane in the world )needs ships in it.Cheers ANDY

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Almost all problems users have experienced with the RWY12 program can be traced to missing an important step during the installation.At the risk of "tooting my own horn", may I suggest you download the following documents and take the time to follow the instructions to the letter:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=68960I worked closely with the late Seev Kahn (co-author of the RWY12 program) in developing this material which I believe you will find of use. A proper installation does require a good deal of patience. :(

Almost all problems users have experienced with the RWY12 program can be traced to missing an important step during the installation.At the risk of "tooting my own horn", may I suggest you download the following documents and take the time to follow the instructions to the letter:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=68960I worked closely with the late Seev Kahn (co-author of the RWY12 program) in developing this material which I believe you will find of use. A proper installation does require a good deal of patience. :(
Hello DavidAfter four days I have finally managed to place a shell tanker at Barton airport (Manchester uk),but I still have not got the program installed correctly.When in the selection process I create and save the XML file it seems to store it in the right place C:\Rwy12 Object Placer v1.2.But when I generate the BGL file it also saves that in the same place. but I believe the BGL should be in the ADDON SCENERY -STATIC OBJECTS LIBRARY-SCENERY Folder so I had to manually transfer it there and when I started FS9 finally there was my tanker.So I have got the program working,but I still don't have it installed correctly.Been driving me bonkers.But it seem to be working.Anyway i will fiddle about.cheers Andy :(

Hello DavidAfter four days I have finally managed to place a shell tanker at Barton airport (Manchester uk),but I still have not got the program installed correctly.When in the selection process I create and save the XML file it seems to store it in the right place C:\Rwy12 Object Placer v1.2.But when I generate the BGL file it also saves that in the same place. but I believe the BGL should be in the ADDON SCENERY -STATIC OBJECTS LIBRARY-SCENERY Folder so I had to manually transfer it there and when I started FS9 finally there was my tanker.So I have got the program working,but I still don't have it installed correctly.Been driving me bonkers.But it seem to be working.Anyway i will fiddle about.cheers Andy :(
When you Save the file you can change the default destination location - it has been awhile since I have done it but if memory serves there is a box at the top of the screen with the location and a browse button beside it to browse to a different spot.The program "remembers" the last place you directed it to save to - so each time the last save location will be offerred.Hope that helps.

When you Save the file you can change the default destination location - it has been awhile since I have done it but if memory serves there is a box at the top of the screen with the location and a browse button beside it to browse to a different spot.The program "remembers" the last place you directed it to save to - so each time the last save location will be offerred.Hope that helps.
Thanks DavidI think this program could be a lot of fun.I created a few static objects at Exeter airport(helicopter and a parked van)created a short hop flight into Exeter and low they where there when I landed.Cheers Andy

Thanks DavidI think this program could be a lot of fun.I created a few static objects at Exeter airport(helicopter and a parked van)created a short hop flight into Exeter and low they where there when I landed.Cheers Andy
As much "fun" as the RWY12 program can be , it can also be very frustrating as there is a good deal of trail and error involved in getting objects placed perfectly.As soon as you can spring for a few bucks, I would highly recommend the Instant Scenery program from Flight1 (much improved over the EZ program and by the same author) as it (and EZ) have a "what you see is what you get" interface. No more trial and error.Much I as love RWY12 I would never go back to it. :(