Anyone see this? Using FS9.1, Win XP, PMDG MD11. When ASA loaded (with GE PRO textures), the 2D panel flicks black once (for a split second), and it seems to happen every 22-25 seconds. The outside scenery doesn't appear to flicker. This doesn't happen with an earlier version of Active Sky (4 something).Thanks.EDIT: forgot to mention I have the beta service pack from a day or two ago installed.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

Hi Dave,Please look and see if your video drivers are up to date.Thanks,

Hi Dave,Please look and see if your video drivers are up to date.Thanks,
Hi Jim,Yeah, the latest and greatest direct from the nVidia site are installed.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

I saw the flicker too. It appeared only after a long time of being connected (say ~45 min to an hour). I saw it at about the rate of 1 per second. Leaving flightsim to continue, I shut down ASA (Build 394). The flickering stopped. I restarted ASA and the flickering did not reappear. However, I did not run it an additional hour to see if it would reappear as it did the first time.I will pay more attention if I see it again to hopefully get better data on the behavior.Specs: FSMachine: Vista64, FS9.1, PMDG MD-11 ASA Machine: Vista32, ASA Build 394, ASG (Graphics)Tom

I saw the flicker too. It appeared only after a long time of being connected (say ~45 min to an hour). I saw it at about the rate of 1 per second. Leaving flightsim to continue, I shut down ASA (Build 394). The flickering stopped. I restarted ASA and the flickering did not reappear. However, I did not run it an additional hour to see if it would reappear as it did the first time.I will pay more attention if I see it again to hopefully get better data on the behavior.Specs: FSMachine: Vista64, FS9.1, PMDG MD-11 ASA Machine: Vista32, ASA Build 394, ASG (Graphics)Tom
Yeah, same here. It didn't start flickering until it was running for a while. I also left FS running while I shut ASA down, then came back to see the flickering was gone. Then I went back to the desktop & started the older version of AS that I bought some time back. After initializing, I went back to FS and there was no flickering. BTW, I have three gb's of RAM, and memory for me has never been an issue in FS9.1; never had any OOM's.I can't help but wonder if is is a video card/driver issue since nvidia has a rep.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

Yeah I've got it too, all the problems I did have before the patch seem to be solved apart from this one..it flickers once every second or so for a few minutes while updating, using the latest NVIDIA drivers for a 88GTX card. FS9.1.Ben

Yeah I've got it too, all the problems I did have before the patch seem to be solved apart from this one..it flickers once every second or so for a few minutes while updating, using the latest NVIDIA drivers for a 88GTX card. FS9.1.Ben
I remember something in FS9, that if you use DXT cloud textures, 'render to texture' has to be ticked. It's not something stupid like that, is it. Just a thought, anyway.Stuart

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I remember something in FS9, that if you use DXT cloud textures, 'render to texture' has to be ticked. It's not something stupid like that, is it. Just a thought, anyway.Stuart
Yeah, but that problem results in a sim crash at ~75% prior to loading a flight. That can't be it.I don't think I've seen this flicker, but I've only had time for a couple short flights. More than likely some issue with display drivers and possibly .NET apps. I had a problem with .NET a few months back and a driver update fixed it. If everyone is using the latest drivers then maybe something can be looked into by HiFi or perhaps the next release will fix it. Posting the driver build number would help too.I'm on an 8800 GTS with 180.48 drivers.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi All,Can you tell us if you have Tool Tips On or Off in FSX?Thanks,

Hi All,Can you tell us if you have Tool Tips On or Off in FSX?Thanks,
Looks like they're all using FS9That Tool Tip bug in FSX is dreadful though.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

That thread is what triggered my post!
As Orlaam noted, FS9.1 here.A few additional observations. I did a long haul overnight in the PMDG MD11, VHHH-EGLL. There was still flickering, but this time it was once every three or four minutes, maybe a bit longer. During the day today (get a life, Dave, I know...) I did KSEA-TNCM. Flickering occurred about once every five minutes, or so; it was more frequent the other night. When I hit the Windows button on the keyboard and went to the ASA map, I saw the map flickering once every few seconds, independent of the plane icon refreshing it's position. Dunno if it's related. Neither set of circumstances amounts to a show-stopper.Revisiting the driver issue, my leaky memory woke up and I have to report I'm using nvidia drivers dated 6/29/07 (6.14.11.6218) for my aged geforce FX-5200. The reason for this is that when I upgraded the drivers a few weeks ago (isn't repression a wonderful survival mental health tool?) I began experiencing BSOD's on FS flights over eight hours. Seven and one-half hous were fine, eightish and boom, a blue screen (all MD-11). I tried several sets of drivers, as well as a few roll-backs, before I was able to get everything working smoothly again. Damn, was that a nightmare! Seems I'm stuck with these drivers.Aside from than, I have to report ASA, with the beta patch in place, works well for me. No weird wind issues (tweaked the hell out of FSUIPC), no pop-up clouds, no other problems. It's the latest must have for me.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

Jim, et. al.I'm running FS9 and did not have the tool tips on. Unfortunately, between the time I saw the flickering and this post, I had a complete hard-drive failure (requiring a new hard-drive) and have spent several days completely rebuilding my FS machine software from a blank disk on up. Unfortunately, that's one BIG variable in this problem. However, I'll keep my eye out as I get back to the skies and keep you posted if anything I find.Tom

The problem is caused by Render to Texture.Turn the tick mark Off. BUT here is the bad, if you are making use of dxt cloud textures, your sim will crash during loading at 75%.To fix the 75% loading crash install and use only 32bit cloud textures.FS default clouds are 32bit, but add-on programs normally install dxt type clouds.The culprit dxt file that needs to be 32bit is "cumulus01.bmp"Good LuckJannier

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Hi All,OK it's not Tool Tips. Can we now report if we have Render to Texture On or Off? We are looking for a common setting by doing this one thing at a time.Thanks,