Sign in to follow this  
Pierre789

A little bit disappointed with PMDG 744 FSX

Problems with the FS meteo and the plane dances in the sky : I baught a registered FSUIPC. Now it seems quite OK but I can't have a normal flight to verify !Problem with the thrust which suddenly disappears, and I have no more A/T. When I search on the forum, it seems there's no solution, some of users suggest various methods, but none seems very efficient.Problem with the auto pilot : the VNAV altitude capability drops to FL150 when you are gently at FL 340, the LNAV doesn't follow the route, and the last time, the plane had a 360

It looks like a lot of your issues lie with the weather. Are you using active sky advanced or any other weather program?For your LNAV issue, did you check the legs page to clear any route discontinuities?

Sudden change in max altitude indicated by FMS and loss of thrust control is usually due to opening another window, like the map. Just press the VNAV button once or twice and all should return to normal.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sudden change in max altitude indicated by FMS and loss of thrust control is usually due to opening another window, like the map. Just press the VNAV button once or twice and all should return to normal.
FYI, the latest (beta) version of FSUIPC for FSX supposedly fixes this problem, by continuing to smooth winds across menu excursions.

FYI, the latest (beta) version of FSUIPC for FSX supposedly fixes this problem, by continuing to smooth winds across menu excursions.
Yup, but you have to turn it on via fsuipc.ini (it's off by default).

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

It looks like a lot of your issues lie with the weather. Are you using active sky advanced or any other weather program?For your LNAV issue, did you check the legs page to clear any route discontinuities?
I don't use any weather program, except the FS one.No discontinuities in my route. Even if there was one, the use of the HDG SEL button is supposed to work even when discontinuities !

First, I didn't know that opening another window could have such an action. Thanks for this information, because the best way I had found for leaving (I'm in full screen) was to select the map, then using ALT+TAB. I suppose it's a wrong way ! Is it better to leave the full screen option, then press - ?Concerning the push of the VNAV button, I've obviously did that many times, but without any result. Pierre BOILEAU

Yup, but you have to turn it on via fsuipc.ini (it's off by default).
Yes, I think that my registered FSUIPC 4.50 is OK about the weather. But I must say that every thing was OK with other planes such as LVD 767 or 737 PIC.Thanks for your helpPierre BOILEAU
Yes, I think that my registered FSUIPC 4.50 is OK about the weather. But I must say that every thing was OK with other planes such as LVD 767 or 737 PIC.Thanks for your helpPierre BOILEAU
......was OK without FSUIPC 4.50 ...!Pierre BOILEAU

First, I didn't know that opening another window could have such an action. Thanks for this information, because the best way I had found for leaving (I'm in full screen) was to select the map, then using ALT+TAB. I suppose it's a wrong way ! Is it better to leave the full screen option, then press - ?Concerning the push of the VNAV button, I've obviously did that many times, but without any result. Pierre BOILEAU
In fact, I pressed VNAV only when the button was extinguished, and I've just understood that I have to press the button even when VNAV is lighted !! And it's work, the VNAV situation become active !Thanks a lot for this informationPierre BOILEAU - LFRS-

In fact, I pressed VNAV only when the button was extinguished, and I've just understood that I have to press the button even when VNAV is lighted !! And it's work, the VNAV situation become active !Thanks a lot for this informationPierre BOILEAU - LFRS-
Remeber to check the PFD for current autopilot mode.