Sign in to follow this  
Guest danielk

Getting Rid of "Grime" Effect on Windscreen

Guest danielk

Greetings! I just started nosing around in and experimenting with some blank paintkits for my Carenado C152. What fun! Then I thought (first mistake), hey, why not see if I can eliminate that "grime" effect on the windscreen of one texture from my Carenado C172N Skyhawk II? While I appreciate the attempt at giving the plane a well-used look, I'd like the windscreen of the 50th Anniversary model to be clean.Anywho...I looked at the reflection file and it looks like an alpha channel. Can I modify that directly? As far as I can tell Carenado has not released a blank paintkit for this particular aircraft yet.Thanks!Dan

I looked at the reflection file and it looks like an alpha channel. Can I modify that directly? As far as I can tell Carenado has not released a blank paintkit for this particular aircraft yet.Thanks!Dan
Yes you may fiddle a bit with the windscreen texture and its alpha. Backup the original first.Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints