Sign in to follow this  
Kappie

Unable to get SimConnect work (step 5 of install)

Hi Bill,Thanks for the reply. According to the ASA manual AITraffic should run from the client and not from the server. The only hope I get is that someone else with the same config in system software has ASA running on a client. :( By the way, I cleaned the client from a mix of versions of .NET Framework software and (re-)installed the latest one. Not that it helped, but it was worth a try.Dirk

Guest machammer

Thanks to all.I found the problem. My IP address was wrong in the simmconnect file on the server. Everything is working fine now.Bill

Well... after another day of trying to get ASA@work, it still won't communicate with FSX, and... something changed.By searching for a solution I ran into a page on simconnect issues on hifi's xpax webpage. So I thought let's do it again. Uninstalling FSX SP2 and SP1. I tried the manual delete of the mentioned folder in C:\Windows\winsxs, the x86_.....c20 one, but Vista won

Hi Dirk,I suggest leaving FSX alone.Work on the client end and make sure that the SDK1, 1A and 2 are installed. Then revisit the config files that need to be setup correctly. Last, firewalls at both computers.Just knowing that the AI Traffic program wasn't working points to a config/firewall issue.Thanks,

This is not directly related to what you now have but this is what I would doa) uninstall simconnect from the client:( go into the registry on your client and manually browse for all keys/entries related to simconnect and delete them. c) rebootd) reinstall simconnect , sp1, sp2e) reboot and reconfigureIf simconnect works one day then doesnt the next then this is what I found (Been looking at this a few weeks ago myself as causing me some confusion)After reinstalling ASA after formatting my laptop I reconfigured everything and it worked fine when connected to my PC. The next day it wouldnt update the weather. I checked all the config files etc and everything appeared to be ok.I traced this problem eventually to the IP address changing on my main PC so it wouldnt match what I had wrote in the simconnect cfg files. I have now assigned a static IP address to my main PC and everything is now ok after every boot.May be worth you checking for that before you go to the extremes of reinstalling everything.Graham

Well folks, I've come to the only option left. I just un-installed everything concerning or connected with FSX. After that I cleaned the registry to be absolutely sure nothing is left behind, and now I am going to install FSX + FSX SDK + all SP's from scratch. I'll keep you posted, stay tuned....Dirk

Even after a complete new installation of everything there was no SimConnect whatsoever. Must be something deep inside the Vista/XP combination. I've seen others in several forums that had the combination working, but apparently that is not what I have to deal with. So I installed ASA on the FSX-Server. It might cost me some performance, but better that then no ASA performance. It works! (no wonder)I haven't made a flight yet, but if performance happens to be below my personal standard,, I wil kick Vista in the garbage can and set up the server under good old XP. :( ByeDirk