Sign in to follow this  
michaelohalloran

FS2004 On Vista.

Hi, i just installed fs2004 on vista, and when i am on fs2004's main startup screen where you can select aircraft etc.. If i minimize that for something and try to get back to FS2004 it won't maximize again, Please help me so i can maximize it again after doing so.

Do you have ALL the critical updates for Vista from Microsoft? This used to be a problem with Vista.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I'm not at my Vista computer right now, but in Internet Explorer you should be able to click Tools, and select Windows Update. There are lots of updates for Vista.Bob

Bob

Bobbyjack, do you have any planes with Reality XP guages running in vista? I have had zero luck with any of them such as Flight1 Commander 112 and their Piper Meridian. I've had the same problem with the FSD Navajo Panther. The common denominator seems to be the guages.

Try running FS9 with an option for disabling desktop compsing... in the compatibility properties, the 5th check box... that will disable Vista Aero when FS9 is running. It caused me some view problems under Vista as well, until I activated this... now it works flawlessly!

signature.jpg

Bobbyjack, do you have any planes with Reality XP guages running in vista? I have had zero luck with any of them such as Flight1 Commander 112 and their Piper Meridian. I've had the same problem with the FSD Navajo Panther. The common denominator seems to be the guages.
Alas, I realize that I may not be a good one to answer here. I run no addon planes or scenery. However, there can be problems in Vista if you install to the default location and leave UAC on.Bob

Bob

Hi, i just installed fs2004 on vista, and when i am on fs2004's main startup screen where you can select aircraft etc.. If i minimize that for something and try to get back to FS2004 it won't maximize again, Please help me so i can maximize it again after doing so.
It's a problem with Vista and FS9. I've got all the Vista updates and latest ATI drivers and I've tested using the Aero theme, Vista Basic theme, and Windows Classic theme. If you try to alt+tab (or in your case minimize) while at the aircraft selection menu, you will not be able to get back without killing the FS9 exe in task manager. It's the only defect I've found with Vista and FS9. Crappy advice here, but just don't minimize or alt+tab when you are at the aircraft selection screen. :( Scott

Guest Locksta

This happens alot to me on my Xp64 rig, try going in window mode by tapping alt and enter, sometimes that does the job for me.. I also monitor Task manager, most of the times this happens$$, fs9.exe is running a constant 45-50%.. pretty weird :/

Guest stymieho
Try running FS9 with an option for disabling desktop compsing... in the compatibility properties, the 5th check box... that will disable Vista Aero when FS9 is running. It caused me some view problems under Vista as well, until I activated this... now it works flawlessly!
Mario.... Can you please describe exactly how to do this? I think it may solve some of my probs with vista and FS9Thanks,Chris

Guest stymieho
Mario.... Can you please describe exactly how to do this? I think it may solve some of my probs with vista and FS9Thanks,Chris
Nevermind, figured it out.... Still doesnt fix my prob. Will make a new post for that one.

i have the same prob my friend and the only way i can overcome this is to alt+enter out of the sim and the same to re-enter.chris

Chris Howard