Sign in to follow this  
Guest michsul

FS9 747 doors not opening inside simulator

Guest michsul

Suddenly, the doors are not opening inside of FS9. The mapping is working fine. The doors on the 747 are opening, but I'm not getting the green banner inside the simulator saying exit opening or exit closing. Thus, I cannot use FSPassengers and such as FS9 is not "opening" the doors. This just started. All was fine until I started FS9 one day and it started rebuilding scenery files as if I had added new scenery...which I hadn't. Then the door problems started. All my other aircraft work fine, including the 737NG series. Everything else appears to be working fine, also.Thanks for the helpMike Sullings

Guest michsul

Amazing. Not one suggestion. I'll uninstall/reinstall and see what happens. Mike

Hi Mike,What is the assigned key to the door?FS9 use Shift-E as default for open/close door. But you have to assign a different key to the PMDG doors, in order to avoid any key assigment collision.So, shift-E will only be used for changing the door status within FS9 (used by certain add-on like FSPassengers).Hope it helps..Cheers,Wasono

There is a door opening addon on avsim for the fs9 pmdg 747 - setting it up then requires clicking on the door panel to open each door. Apparently it works well.John E

Guest michsul

Thank you for the replies. Everything was working fine and it just stopped opening. I don't have any key conflicts (shiftE in both FS and the PMDG settings). The 737NG works perfectly as does my other PMDG B1900. I didn't know if somehow the aircraft config file changed somehow, but I can't find any references for such in the file. I just don't know.What exacty is that add-on for clicking the doors?Mike

It takes the settings from the pmdg keystroke menu and converts them in a sort of guage to be clickable to open each door.Log in to avsim and do a search for 'door opener' in fs2004 utilities.John E

Guest michsul

I will take a look at that. I'm starting to suspect that the add-on "XPax " may have something to do with it. Everything was fine until about the second time I used XPax.Thanks for the help.Mike