Sign in to follow this  
ExpressJetXE

Weather Ground Holds

Question is there anyway for RC to give a ground delay due to fog? I flew out of IAH last night and the visalibilty was 1/4. And there was no ground stops. I have even been cleared by RC when visialibilty was 0 miles. Is there anyway to chaneg this?

I haven't found a way to do this ExpressJetXE,but I wonder why RC4 should.You are the Pilot in command.If the viz is below what you are qualified or certified for then for then you shouldn't fly!Modern jets with a suitably qualified pilot and the right equipment can land in 75meters.You can take off with less but FAA/CAA rules on alternates have to be adhered to.I don't think Low Visbility Procedures(LVPs) are catered for in RC4.

I haven't found a way to do this ExpressJetXE,but I wonder why RC4 should.You are the Pilot in command.If the viz is below what you are qualified or certified for then for then you shouldn't fly!Modern jets with a suitably qualified pilot and the right equipment can land in 75meters.You can take off with less but FAA/CAA rules on alternates have to be adhered to.
All true, but .. ground delays due to ATC reasons usually have little to do with pilot or aircraft certification.When LVP's are in force, traffic handling capacity of the ATC system is reduced. In busy airspace, like most of Europe, this causes disturbance in the ATFM ( air traffic flow management ) system, flights may lose their slots or may be assigned another one and this is the reason why ATC holds aircraft on the ground.If fact, aircraft may be held at the depature airport in CAVOK weather, because the destination or enroute weather is bad and thus ATC capacity is low.If an FS ATC program were to simulate this, it should be a selectable option though. :(

Question is there anyway for RC to give a ground delay due to fog? I flew out of IAH last night and the visalibilty was 1/4. And there was no ground stops. I have even been cleared by RC when visialibilty was 0 miles. Is there anyway to chaneg this?
we actually thought of this early in v4, and other items that would make departure airport operations more realistic. but then the feedback was along the lines of "i just want to fly, i only have a couple of hours to fly, i don't want to spend 30 minutes simulating a ground hold". i want to fly. i put these items on the back burner, then.i think the sentiment would be about the same today. i could make it optional, but there are bigger, better fish to fry. better time spent on those, than something that a very small percentage of people would utilize, and most would find annoying.jd