Sign in to follow this  
Guest GamePlayer

GTX 285 video card and Ultimate Defrag

Guest GamePlayer

I upgraded to a GTX285 video card about 2 months ago and whenever I start analysing or defragging my hard drive using Ultimate Defrag, my screen flickers. Also in FSX the textures in some buildings flicker with partly black textures, for example at DFW and LAX airports. I'm using the latest video driver and I had these problems with previous video drivers. Anyone else with an GTX 285 video card that is experiencing these problems I described with Ultimate Defrag and FSX?

Guest rdg

Hi,Yes I have one. I got one that was already OC'd to 720. I do not have your defragger, and I have not seen the anomolies with my system that you see with yours. I am running the latest drivers also. I still think the drivers for the 200 series cards will mature as time goes on.Just hang in there until the next one comes out.Bob G

I have the same problem with defragging only. I have the 285 also..

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

Guest rdg
I upgraded to a GTX285 video card about 2 months ago and whenever I start analysing or defragging my hard drive using Ultimate Defrag, my screen flickers. Also in FSX the textures in some buildings flicker with partly black textures, for example at DFW and LAX airports. I'm using the latest video driver and I had these problems with previous video drivers. Anyone else with an GTX 285 video card that is experiencing these problems I described with Ultimate Defrag and FSX?
Hi, you may try the new beta's. I believe the version is 182.46. It may help you. I am running them with no issues so far.Once at the site here you can search for the driver by selecting betas in the dropdown.I dont think you have anything to lose at this point. Make sure your chipset drivers are up to date too.http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-usBob

Guest jaskanFactor

Got 285 on vista 64 i7920... and no such issues with ultimate defrag

Guest flyguy1911

Yeah, I just got a 260 and I notice the same thing. Flickering when defrag window is up, when I minimize it to the tray, it stops. Runs fine in fsx right now. Better then my 9800GT. I was woried cause I heard the 9800GTX was better than the 260, but I got a good deal on the card. I just loaded the new drivers too. Am still getting the flickers, but no fsx problems yet.Anyone think these are better then the 9800GTX or GTX+. I do have a qaud core, so I think the 260 removed a bottleneck.Vista64 -- Phenom II 940 @ 3.0 -- GTX260 -- FSX Accell

Guest dakrisht
Yeah, I just got a 260 and I notice the same thing. Flickering when defrag window is up, when I minimize it to the tray, it stops. Runs fine in fsx right now. Better then my 9800GT. I was woried cause I heard the 9800GTX was better than the 260, but I got a good deal on the card. I just loaded the new drivers too. Am still getting the flickers, but no fsx problems yet.Anyone think these are better then the 9800GTX or GTX+. I do have a qaud core, so I think the 260 removed a bottleneck.Vista64 -- Phenom II 940 @ 3.0 -- GTX260 -- FSX Accell
Hey FlyGuy,Seems like we have similar systems :( I just upgraded from a 9800GTX+ to a GTX-260 Superclocked.Using the latest drivers from nvidia (182.xx), I've noticed DEFINITE performance gains in FSX over the 9800GTX. I can smoothly fly with Very Dense/Very Dense sliders over SoCal/LAX during the day/night with UTX installed. Before, I was getting 12-14fps @ night and jerky flight, now I can get anywhere from 24-33fps with thenew GTX-260.I'm still working on tweaking my system more to get even better performance...I suggest you OC that Phenom II ASAP... Look at my specs, send me a message if you want to optimize...-Da