Sign in to follow this  
Guest CX355

MD-11 fs9 problem?

Guest CX355

I think I have narrowed down a possible problem w/ MD-11, and want to know if anyone has ever experienced such a problem at anytime w/ any other product.Approximately half way through almost all flights about 98-99% using th MD-11, fs9 will go to desktop, a crash but not a crash, I then click Fs9 on the system tray of desktop and my flight comes back up. I lose no time w/ the flight, it just goes to desktop. All running programs continue w/out interruption, RC4, ASA, PFE or ASv6.5 whatever. I have run varying lengths of flights 7 hours to 2 and always about half way through wham. Is this a possible problem created by MD-11 or something else? Vincent

I am 99% sure that this problem is not caused by MD-11 - there must be something else at stake. I advise you first do the flight without any additional programs. You have to deductively try to find the cause - which is, I believe, not MD-11.

Guest CX355
I am 99% sure that this problem is not caused by MD-11 - there must be something else at stake. I advise you first do the flight without any additional programs. You have to deductively try to find the cause - which is, I believe, not MD-11.
Word Not Allowed, I have run other acrft w/ these programs w/out any problem. I have added the MD-11 and Active Sky Advance in the last few months and this problem only started with these two programs. I have run ASv6.5 as I have done for a few years with the MD-11 and this problem occurs. I can at this point only assume there is something going on w/ the MD-11 as I have not done anything else w/ my system. I don't dismiss what you have said, but this only began lately. I will continue to test but at this point I have to begin to start asking the question, what else could it be? I do find it strange that if it is the MD-11 why has it not occured elsewhere, but at this point have no other cause and relationship. It is strange.... Thank you for your response, Vincent

Some other application is assuming focus which minimises the FS9 window. That application can be anything from a windows update, to an email application, to anything else that may be running.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest CX355
Some other application is assuming focus which minimises the FS9 window. That application can be anything from a windows update, to an email application, to anything else that may be running.
Thank you Scott, I will assume it is another application for now and try and narrow it down. Vincent

Thank you Scott, I will assume it is another application for now and try and narrow it down. Vincent
If you have virus software it can do that. Same situation. Software detects something usuall and will cause this to happen. May have block a virusCarl Perry

Guest CX355
If you have virus software it can do that. Same situation. Software detects something usuall and will cause this to happen. May have block a virusCarl Perry
Since installing the new Beta for ASA (Active sky advanced) the problem has ceased. So I am convinced it was not the MD-11. Vincent Thanks all