Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enemy

PMDG 747X version question and FMC problem

Guest Enemy

Hello,I would like to know if I have the most actual version of the 747X.For this I looked to the aircraft.cfg, and there is Version 2.1. from 12May08. This is the original CD-Version, that I bought through Aerosoft.At the PMDG homepage, there is a update from 22MAY08 with 35MB. And I think in this forum I saw a update to Version 2.1.00.040, with about 43MB.Is my version the most actual, or do I have to download another version?I'm asking, because I downloaded the version from the PMDG homepage with 35MB, and installed it. I've also installed some additional liveries from the PMDG homepage and also from the cd. But then I had the problem that my 747 was unflyable with the autopilot.I made all correct with the FMC, the route doesnt had discontiuities and was programmed correctly, but the VNAV made what it want! And the LNAV also doesnt work correctly all time. That was not really funny! The plane went up and down, it speed up and slewed down to stall, it totally ignored the FMC LEGS!Now I was fed up of this 747 and removed the Queen from my system and also the addon liveries and reinstalled it again (without the update from the PMDG homepage and without addon liveries). The first flight I made now with the 747F (PMDG house liverie) from EHAM to LFSB (that was my reference flight), was ok, and now it seems to work fine.But what was the reason for the malufunction of the FMC? Was it the version or a bug in the addon liveries? Or the fact that I loaded the 747 as default flight in FSX?What version I should install?Kindly regardsThomasP.S. Sorry for that english, its only my scoolenglish, and I left the scool a lot time ago ;-)

I don't think the download updates are patches, they are a complete set of the updated files. The service update page does indicate the current versions.Try the update without making the 747 or any add-on the default flight. I have found that allowing msfs to load with a default airplane then selecting an add-on with create a flight or load a flight to be much less error prone.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Enemy

Hi Dan,thanks for the reply.As I wrote, my original CD version is already the V2.1 and its from 12May08. Today I tried my refernce flight again, this time with te 747F MASkargo Addon liverie. And it worked without problems. So I think that the problem was the update from the PMDG homepage. This service update page at precisionmanuals.com indicates only this: "747-400X V2.1 Update for the PMDG 747-400X (for FSX), released 22MAY08, 35MB"But as I mentioned, I've read something about a update to version 2.1.00.040, and now I would like to know:1. Where I can get this update from?2. How can I know what version I have installed currently?3. Why I had problems after installing the update from the precisionmanuals homepage?RegardsThomas

Thomas, open your aircraft.cfg in FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/PMDG747-400 If the top reads this it's up to date./////////////////////////////////////////////////////////27MAY08//VERSION 2.10.0040// //PMDG 747-400/400F for FSX///////////////////////////////////////////////////////Hope this helps youWhen I bought the download it was already up to date....If it's Vista by the way - don't forget to run the update as administrator if FSX is in program files.John Ellison

Guest Enemy

Hi John,I opened the aircraft.cfg already, and there is as I metioned before 12May08. Thats why I`m asking where I can get the actual version from, because the version from precisionmanuals.com didn't work properly.By the way: I payed 60 EUR for the 747-400X and no one of the addon liveries have a atc_parking_code, I think for such a price it should be a given. I know how to add it, so its not a problem for me to correct it, but there are other customers who don`t know it.There`s nothing to discuss, the PMDG is for me the best software for FSX for the moment, but forgeting the parking code should not be, especially for such a price.RegardsThomas Kostka