Sign in to follow this  
Guest PARADISE

Lost Night Lighting in VC

Guest PARADISE

I don't know what I changed but my night lighting for the virtual cockpits in the default aircraft ( Cessna, Beech, Lear etc ) will not work. The 2d panel night lighting works fine as does the VC night lighting for my add-on aircraft, but the VC lighting in the defaults are gone. I'm thinking I somehow deleted a default file. If so, should I simply re-load my default Gauges file from my CD, or does anyone have another suggestion?Also, if I reload from the CD, do I lose all the add-on gauge files when I'm asked to overwrite them, or will they stay in the file?

I believe that would be an effect called by the aircraft.cfg file not a gauge.Look in your effects folder for a file named fx_vclight.fx. Also, in the effects folder should be a texture folder containing a file named fx_2.bmp.If they are missing or you want to try the default files(they may have been altered by an addon) here are a couple nice tips courtesy of David "Opa" Marshall.Here is a website that will help if you need default files, suggest you bookmark it. - http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlThere is also a spreadsheet in the library listing every file in fs, and it's location on the FS9 discs. Here is a link to it - http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...&CatID=rootHope you sort it out.Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest PARADISE
I believe that would be an effect called by the aircraft.cfg file not a gauge.Look in your effects folder for a file named fx_vclight.fx. Also, in the effects folder should be a texture folder containing a file named fx_2.bmp.If they are missing or you want to try the default files(they may have been altered by an addon) here are a couple nice tips courtesy of David "Opa" Marshall.Here is a website that will help if you need default files, suggest you bookmark it. - http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlThere is also a spreadsheet in the library listing every file in fs, and it's location on the FS9 discs. Here is a link to it - http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...&CatID=rootHope you sort it out.Joe
Thanks Joe...........I'll have a look at the effects folder tonight to see is that is where the problem lies......and thanks for the link ( courtesy of Opa ), that looks to be very helpfull.John

Guest PARADISE

JoeJust to let you know what the problem was. The files for the VC lighting in the Effects folder were changed from ' fx_vclight.fx ' to ' fx_vclighth.fx and fx_vclight_yellow '. Probably a result of an add-on I had added. After making the necessary changes in the default aircraft.cfg files to correlate with the new Effect file entries I can now once again take to the skies after sunset with a lit cockpit..............as long as my girlfriend will let me , of course.During my searches , I also ran across a neat tutoral by David "Opa" Marshall that explains how to change the colors of the Panel lights, cockpit_light.zip can be found here on Avsim. So now I've got something else to play with on the next rainy day. Thanks again for your helpJohn

JoeJust to let you know what the problem was. The files for the VC lighting in the Effects folder were changed from ' fx_vclight.fx ' to ' fx_vclighth.fx and fx_vclight_yellow '. Probably a result of an add-on I had added. After making the necessary changes in the default aircraft.cfg files to correlate with the new Effect file entries I can now once again take to the skies after sunset with a lit cockpit..............as long as my girlfriend will let me , of course.During my searches , I also ran across a neat tutoral by David "Opa" Marshall that explains how to change the colors of the Panel lights, cockpit_light.zip can be found here on Avsim. So now I've got something else to play with on the next rainy day. Thanks again for your helpJohn
A minor correction for anyone who might be interested in reviewing the tutorial. It is named cockpit_lighting.zip.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=75602 :(