Sign in to follow this  

FS 2004 Weather

HiJust wanted to say I'm very impressed with MS's promise to model weather accurately in their forth-coming release. They say it uses frontal systems. This for me would be a very significant step forward for a flight sim, and seems to be aimed at attracting the more serious user, without detriment to the other stuff for the regular crowd. I'm very curious to see how this weather simulation works, and how well they make it. I mean, if you set the dewpoint close to the temperature, will there be a risk of fog being formed? Could you set up undercooled rain, and will that form ice? Will it model global air-masses? Will it have high and low pressure regions? Will the wind direction revolve the right way around these? Will the wind change direction correctly at ground level, compared to a higher level? These would be fantastic enhancements!!!The vintage aircraft are also a big attraction for me. The panels for the Vimy, the Spirit of St Louis and the DC3 look fantastic. One thing I don't get is, will the usual planes be present too? Ie. the Cessna etc?Whatever, it's a nice surprise for me to hear emphasis for enhancement is placed on other things rather than scenery, for once. And for once, it seems that CFS3 was not a fore-runner for the next version of MSFS! Can't wait...Jason