Sign in to follow this  
Guest rdunn6

Not Quite Hopeless but frustrating.

Guest rdunn6

I am the poster of the thread directly below this. Upon further investigation, it appears that the program is just running very slowly. While my computer is from 2003, it runs FSX fine with decent frame rates. So I can't believe that it's not "powerful" enough to run VoxATC. As I said in the below post, the FSX frame rates remain unchanged. Let's say that when "Tune to ATIS" comes on, and I do, it takes 3 minutes for ATIS to start. I have SP1 and 2 installed. I do not have acceleration. Is that necessary for this program? When I press 0 to get the list, it takes two minutes for it to change. I can see that this is potentially the greatest add-on ever. So I am understandably nuts to get it going. I went through all 10 pages of posts on this forum and only one other simmer said they had the same problems but no replies were made. Eternal gratitude goes to anyone who can help. RAD

Have you tried reinstalling the MS Speech program? I know you could do it in WinXP, not sure how it all works in Vista. Try testing the speech capabilities outside of VoxATC. There should be sometype of dictation program or voice command stuff for Windows somewhere. I remember playing around with it some in Vista. Sorry I don't know the specifics of the names/applications. I no longer have a Vista PC and this laptop doesn't have the speech program installed.If it runs slow, at least you know it's a speech problem and not a VoxATC problem.