Has anybody tried the VRinsight MCP or M panel lately? I've found a few comments that were a little dated, but not a whole lot of user feedback over all. I'm looking hard at trying one or the other and would appreciate some comments from recent users.Thanks!

Has anybody tried the VRinsight MCP or M panel lately? I've found a few comments that were a little dated, but not a whole lot of user feedback over all. I'm looking hard at trying one or the other and would appreciate some comments from recent users.Thanks!
OK, I took the leap and ordered the MCP panel today....Wilco says they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on it, so what the heck...let's see just how good that puppy is!

Guest Se7en
OK, I took the leap and ordered the MCP panel today....Wilco says they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on it, so what the heck...let's see just how good that puppy is!
Can you let us know how you find their gear? I'm considering buying one or two of their units in the future.

Can you let us know how you find their gear? I'm considering buying one or two of their units in the future.
Absolutely...for anyone that hasn't seen the VRinsight stuff, here is a link: http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=products_vriMy MCP arrived yesterday, so I've only had a couple of days with it. It came out of Belguim, and International UPS shipping was about $50. But, three days from warehouse to doorstep wasn't bad at all.The first thing I learned is that you absolutely want to run the MCP with the 5 volt DC power supply. Even though you have an option to run it strictly from USB power alone, it's just not enough, and it WILL cause problems. There is also an inherent problem in that the 5 volt DC power supply that you get with the MCP is a EUROPEAN style plug! No way to plug it in here....so a quick trip to a local electronics retailer netted an American version for about $10.The documentation is just OK, as between the weak English and the stuff that's just not covered well, you have to figure some things out on your own. That being said, it wasn't that hard, just took a few minutes.Once I got the panel up and running, it did fine. It comes with key definition scripts that you load prior to flying. One script covers all of the default FS X aircraft, and seems to work well with many add-ons too. In the case of certain add-ons, like PMDG and Level D, you will need a different script, because those manufacturers defined some custom key combinations to operate certain thigs. The good news is that those scripts, as well as others, are provided.The MCP has 8 buttons on it that are not defined, and you can easily define those to do whatever you want. I used mine for things like the master switch, avionics master, light controls, etc.After having made several IFR flights with both stock and add-on aircraft (my current favorite being the Digital Aviation Cheyenne), I can tell you that the MCP works as advertised. Between my CH Yoke, throttle quad, pedals, and MCP, I was able to pretty much complete an IFR flight without using the mouse on the panel or using the keyboard except maybe once or twice. Actually having to dial in those radio com and nav frequencies, transponder, and autopilot functions keeps you busy but makes it pretty realistic. You really do begin to feel the workload of single pilot IFR.I'm still working on deciphering a couple of minor things in the provided software (which lets you customize scripts), but over all, I'm a happy camper thus far.

Guest Se7en

Thanks for the detailed review. I'll get one of these quite soon.

Thanks for the detailed review. I'll get one of these quite soon.
I got the M-Panel yesterday, and I love it. This is a small unit, and it has a lot of functions, but its usability is excellent. No more fiddling with the mouse in the VC to set HDG or the AP. It makes life so much easier and flying a bit more realistic. I use M-Panel together with the Saitek Switchboard, and this is about everything I need for my flights (I am addicted to GA).So far, I have only tried it on the stock models of FSX and on the Carenado Mooney. The Mooney seems to be 100% compatible.Very happy with it!

I got the M-Panel yesterday, and I love it. This is a small unit, and it has a lot of functions, but its usability is excellent. No more fiddling with the mouse in the VC to set HDG or the AP. It makes life so much easier and flying a bit more realistic. I use M-Panel together with the Saitek Switchboard, and this is about everything I need for my flights (I am addicted to GA).So far, I have only tried it on the stock models of FSX and on the Carenado Mooney. The Mooney seems to be 100% compatible.Very happy with it!
Have you figured out how to turn on heading and altitude hold from the M-Panel. I have it but have not been able to set either on. No problem controling heading and altitude once they are turned on.

1. To turn HDG hold mode on and off select AP/C with the 4 way toggle switch.2. Press the button COM/HDG.3. Now press the large black dial in to turn HDG hold on.4. To turn HDG mode off again press the white TFR/AP button.To do the same for the other modes just use the appropriate button to change mode in step 2 above then follow the rest of the steps.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks for the reply Andydigital. I'll give it a try tonight. So far I really like the panel and only needed this last item of information.

good to hear that it is working well for you. with the MCP combo does it work with PMDG 747 and LDS 767 in FSX?? cheers

Anybody have and use the VRinsight FMC CDU unit too? How well does it work?

I use it with the PMDG MD11, 737NG and the Level-d 767 and it works great, its certainly quicker than using the mouse. It's just a shame they didn't include a 4" LCD panel with it that you could plug into a second video port on a graphics card, then you could have undocked the aircrafts FMC and sized it so that just the display section of the FMC fitted the 4" panel. There is only a two line display on the VRi CDU so its a little limited, I just look at the simulated CDU though to read the info instead, but its great for data entry and changing modes as you can label the buttons how you want and there is loads of stickers supplied too to put under the clear caps, so looking at the screen isn't needed most of the time. It doubles up as a radio panel too i.e. you can switch its function, tune the radios blah blah then switch back to the CDU. I've even got mine setup to work with the FS Flight Keeper ACARS/moving map display device too. I think If I wanted too I could have the FMC mode control the MD11 CDU and the radio mode control the FSFK ACARS device, I've not tried that yet but I don't see any reason why that's not possible. Any buttons left over unused when I'm using it with the ACARS device I have assign to things like turning lights/seat belts and stuff on and off.

Cheers, Andy.

PMDG 737 NGX support in march -- got a reply from VR Insight:Dear Sir.Thank you for your interest in a VRinsigtht product.Currently, M-panel doesn’t support PMDG 737 NGX. However we will support is at next update (The next update will be done in March)Thanks & Warmest regards!Mr. Steve Choi / Sales manager

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

That is if PMDG release the SDK for the NGX between now and then, if they don't then there isn't much point adding support to the M-panel in my opinion, you could add equivalent support now with the keymapper if you don't mind the displays not being in sync.

Cheers, Andy.

.... M-Panel, 2 years, and it's my best investment .... wish I could find away to config the Xponder for rest VFR TO 1200 & Ident, but, other than that for my GA purposes it is "A" must Yair