Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevepow

FMC buttons

Guest stevepow

whenever i hit the last row of numbers the second to the last of the numbers appear. example when i push 0 it comes up as 8 when i push 9 it comes up as 6. Any fix to this????

Guest lgvpilot1
whenever i hit the last row of numbers the second to the last of the numbers appear. example when i push 0 it comes up as 8 when i push 9 it comes up as 6. Any fix to this????
A clue as to what aircraft would be nice :( , but going out on a limb is it the 737 ?Any way the quick answer is to stretch the fmc If you do a search I am sure somebody posted a permanent solution for this problem

Guest stevepow
A clue as to what aircraft would be nice :( , but going out on a limb is it the 737 ?Any way the quick answer is to stretch the fmc If you do a search I am sure somebody posted a permanent solution for this problem
yea its the pmdg 737 700 I have tried the search here but to my suprise II enter FMC into the search site it it said it found nothing

There is a FAQ on CDU buttons not working in PMDG Ops knowledge base, and it has come up here often over the past couple years.... this problem happens if you don't have a 4:3 display ratio (eg 1600x1200). You can change the display or stretch the CDU window, either works.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest stevepow
There is a FAQ on CDU buttons not working in PMDG Ops knowledge base, and it has come up here often over the past couple years.... this problem happens if you don't have a 4:3 display ratio (eg 1600x1200). You can change the display or stretch the CDU window, either works.
what do I need to do to change the setting on the cdu instead of havingTo strech it all the time

Uh? Change your screen settings to a 4:3 ratio or are you using a widescreen? If widescreen then I don't know (I don't have widescreen). There is no "CDU setting."

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest stevepow
Uh? Change your screen settings to a 4:3 ratio or are you using a widescreen? If widescreen then I don't know (I don't have widescreen). There is no "CDU setting."
Yea I'm running a 22 inch widescreen and a 19 inch

Yea I'm running a 22 inch widescreen and a 19 inch
-----------------------Steve- Drag the edges of the CDU (FMC) to regain the correct 4:3 proportions. Test to make sure all key button responses are correct. When you are happy, save the flight. Next sim session, just open that saved flight and you should be ready to go again without further adjustment. Since you have dual monitors and perhaps a bit of spare desktop real estate- did you know you can display BOTH Captain and 1st Officer CDUs with virtually no FPS impact. (at least for PMDG 737/747). Very handy to have different pages displayed simultaneously. Alex ReidPMDG 747- KSFO-CYVR Quiet Two Departure at dawn.

Guest stevepow
-----------------------Steve- Drag the edges of the CDU (FMC) to regain the correct 4:3 proportions. Test to make sure all key button responses are correct. When you are happy, save the flight. Next sim session, just open that saved flight and you should be ready to go again without further adjustment. Since you have dual monitors and perhaps a bit of spare desktop real estate- did you know you can display BOTH Captain and 1st Officer CDUs with virtually no FPS impact. (at least for PMDG 737/747). Very handy to have different pages displayed simultaneously. Alex ReidPMDG 747- KSFO-CYVR Quiet Two Departure at dawn.
Hey Alex thank you very much for that info. I usually have my main cockpit window in my 22 inch widescreen and on the other 19 inch i have my overhead panel. I have been flying like that for a while. I would like to get another 22 inch monitor have the two 22 inch monitors and streach out the cockpit so i can also see the side views and still use the 19 inch for the overhead panel just dont know if my graphics card could handle it. using a two dvi output geforce 8800gt OC card. Quick question do you fly online often? I have been wanting to fly online for awhile but have not found someone that could help tutor me a bit.

Hey Alex thank you very much for that info. I usually have my main cockpit window in my 22 inch widescreen and on the other 19 inch i have my overhead panel. I have been flying like that for a while. I would like to get another 22 inch monitor have the two 22 inch monitors and streach out the cockpit so i can also see the side views and still use the 19 inch for the overhead panel just dont know if my graphics card could handle it. using a two dvi output geforce 8800gt OC card. Quick question do you fly online often? I have been wanting to fly online for awhile but have not found someone that could help tutor me a bit.
------------Steve- no, I've never tried online- I suspect that would make my 6 year old AMD 1.8 roll over and die!Re Overhead Panel- be aware that it is a FPS hog when it is open. Because of this I position it and size to fit the screen, then hide it and only bring it up as needed via Panel Switcher. 747 COM panel is similar but all other panel popups seem to consume almost no FPS when open.A single video card will handle 2 different views nicely. You will need a second card to drive a third view. This card does not have to be identical to main card- it can be a lesser version as long it will work on the same driver as main card.Be aware that triple full screen views will use more horsepower. That's why I use half height views on secondary mons- two extra half height views only drops FPS by 50%. Blank desktop space below views, is filled in with popups. I set up FS9 with a single mon and adjust FS settings to produce a steady 30-45 FPS. Then with triple views, I get about 15-23 FPS. (Once the views and popups are all positioned to your satisfaction- save the flight and retain those settings for next session.)The bonus here is that since you have only one CPU generating views, only one view at a time is being updated. The other two views are static!!! With the angle of the outer views corrected to adjust for monitor bezel widths, your eyes see what seems to be a single very wide view. But that is one where 2/3 is not changing- hence your brain sees scenery that is as smooth as if FPS was twice as high! Ergo- 15 displayed FPS is as smooth as 30!Hope this whets your interest.Alex Reid