Sign in to follow this  
Guest jamin35008

FS9 Closes randomly

Guest jamin35008

Hey all,I have been having a problem with FS9 recently. It will close with no warning at different times but not all the time and I cant figure out why. I will start a flight and leave come back and FS9 has closed the computer is back to the desktop. However sometimes it will stay open throughout the whole flight. Could AISmooth have anything to do with that? Anyone have this problem? I dont know where to start to try to resolve this problem. I have no other applications running when using FS9 other than AIsmooth sometimes and no power saver options on like a screen saver. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Could you post your system specs, please.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest iberia999

I wanted to say that I have been having the same problem. No matter what addon, but maybe after 2 hours or 2.5 hours of FS2004, my fs9 crashes to desktop. My computer is really powerful and fast, and yet I still have problems (Graphics card 512mb, 2gig ram, 3ghz cpu, 250 SATA HD, ASUS Motherboard)

Duplicate AFCAD files can cause FS to shut down,also addon scenery and airports can cause this to happen.Check you dont have more than one Afcad active for any addons you have installed.Have you installed any third party Panels for the aircraft you fly,if so replace with a default panel unless it is a payware aircraft,eg. Level D 767,Flight 1 ATR,etc.Problem guages can also cause problems although Fs usually crashes when you load the aircraft in this case.Could also be a heat problem, check the temps of your graphics card and processor if you have monitoring software on your computer,however overheating normally causes the computer to lock up, reboot autamatically or blue screen depending how you have your setup.I have had FS keep crashing on me before,as i had so many third party addons I didnt know where to stat looking,sometimes its best to uninstall FS completely and start afresh adding addons one at a time then testing.A pain I know but its better than hacing FS crash when your half way throu a flight.Best of luck RegardsRichard