Sign in to follow this  
gunman02

Free flight question

Is there any way I can practice flying to and landing on an oil rig? I just want to practice in free flight mode.

Guest 56RAF_Seeker

Set up a flight just how you'd like it; and take off.When you get near enough to the oil rig, save the flight. You can save it via the menu system or you can assign a key in the controls menu .Once the flight is saved, you can load it again any time you like.Even when it's loaded, you can still call up different weather conditions, time of day etc and save them too.So it's quite possible to build up a little library of saved flights to your favourite rig - a night time one, a day time one, one in good weather, one in foul etc, and have them all starting from the spot where you saved the original flght, let's say two minutes from touch down.

The other problem is finding out where the oil rigs are located. Do I have to make a mission to place my own oil rig, or are theresome rigs already in certain areas. Seems like all the rigs are in the mission flights. I sure hope this is not a stupid question. Thanks for any help.

The other problem is finding out where the oil rigs are located. Do I have to make a mission to place my own oil rig, or are theresome rigs already in certain areas. Seems like all the rigs are in the mission flights. I sure hope this is not a stupid question. Thanks for any help.
Don't forget that:1) you can elect to allow changes in a mission setup although you don't get the award2) you can save the mission just like free flight and resume just where you left off3) you can edit out the "mission-only" parameters from the saved flight and then it's not much different than if you created it in free flight - a little experimentation will likely to be required to keep only the parts you want and dispose of the rest (you'd want to keep whatever placed the oil rig scenery, for instance, but perhaps alter time, weather or aircraft)Try it out and report back...Loyd