Sign in to follow this  
Guest aeromeneg

Why doesn't RC say "turn left" or "turn right"?

Guest aeromeneg

Dear support,during vectors RC doesn't say "turn right heading" or "turn left heading", but only "fly heading". If the turn is small it's unnecessary, but a procedure turn could require more than 180 degrees! FS ATC and also real ATC add always right or left. RegardsStefano

Dear support,during vectors RC doesn't say "turn right heading" or "turn left heading", but only "fly heading". If the turn is small it's unnecessary, but a procedure turn could require more than 180 degrees! FS ATC and also real ATC add always right or left. RegardsStefano
there are places where rc says left or right. where the heading difference is small, it doesn't. where are you missing left or right, and you think i should say left or right?jd

Guest aeromeneg
there are places where rc says left or right. where the heading difference is small, it doesn't. where are you missing left or right, and you think i should say left or right?jd
Thank you for replay. It seems to me I never heard left or right, but I have done 3-4 flights. I'll test it again.

Guest billpilot
No it does'nt, I have been using RC for a LONG time and it has NEVER said turn L/R I would also like to know when it is supposed to say that.PB

No it does'nt, I have been using RC for a LONG time and it has NEVER said turn L/R I would also like to know when it is supposed to say that.PB
Same here.On my todays Flight Denpasar-Jakarta.While i

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

in reality, i don't care which way you turn. if it is a smaller turn to the left, turn left. it the turn is smaller to the right, turn right. when you miss a checkpoint, which you must have done to have received an almost 180 degree heading change, turn whichever way you want.jd
That

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

Guest aeromeneg

If turns are > 30 degrees, I like RC would say "turn left/right" it seems to be more realistic and comfortable. During approaches turns from downwind or base (90 degrees turns) I've never heard left/right.

when you miss a checkpoint, which you must have done to have received an almost 180 degree heading change, turn whichever way you want.jd
By the way, sometimes RC doesn't recognise a waypoint overfly and a "off route" message starts. It provides a 180 turn to previous waypoint. For this problem I'll report in detail in a new thread.Regards

If turns are > 30 degrees, I like RC would say "turn left/right" it seems to be more realistic and comfortable. During approaches turns from downwind or base (90 degrees turns) I've never heard left/right.By the way, sometimes RC doesn't recognise a waypoint overfly and a "off route" message starts. It provides a 180 turn to previous waypoint. For this problem I'll report in detail in a new thread.Regards
if you missed the checkpoint, you probably missed the checkpoint. you have to be less than 2 miles from the checkpoint in a departure procedure. less than 4 enroute.jd

Guest aeromeneg
if you missed the checkpoint, you probably missed the checkpoint. you have to be less than 2 miles from the checkpoint in a departure procedure. less than 4 enroute.jd
I've attached a flight-plan from LIRF to LICC, in which I had this problem. I think if you will try it, you will have the same problem at the same point. During flight I was perfectly on route, the LNAV tracking was maintaining by Flight1 Super 80 autopilot.Just I passed the TAGEL waypoint RC said that I had lost the route. The ENSOT waypoint was displayed on the RC window rather than AMANO. I resolved the problem requiring a direct to VAKOR. Note that the file .pln is generated using Super Flight Planner and the first two waypoints are not into the default FS9 database. Regards[flightplan]AppVersion=9.0.30612title=LIRF to LICCdescription=LIRF, LICCtype=IFRroutetype=1cruising_altitude=36000departure_id=LIRF, N41* 48.707', E12* 15.135', +000013.50departure_position=0destination_id=LICC, N37* 27.973', E15* 3.824', +000039.50departure_name=Fiumicinodestination_name=Fontanarossawaypoint.0=, LIRF, , LIRF, A, N41* 48.707', E12* 15.135', +000013.50,waypoint.1=, , , PEPIX, I, N41* 9.600', E12* 11.316', +016000.00,waypoint.2=, , , UNIXO, I, N40* 46.510', E12* 40.903', +029000.00,waypoint.3=, , , ENSOT, I, N40* 32.783', E12* 59.183', +030500.00,waypoint.4=, , , TAGEL, I, N40* 17.866', E13* 18.666', +030500.00,waypoint.5=, , , AMANO, I, N39* 25.300', E13* 47.800', +030500.00,waypoint.6=, , , VAKOR, I, N38* 50.166', E14* 9.216', +030500.00,waypoint.7=, , , PELEN, I, N38* 20.083', E14* 27.233', +026000.00,waypoint.8=, , , COBBA, I, N37* 48.733', E14* 45.716', +011000.00,waypoint.9=, LICC, , LICC, A, N37* 27.973', E15* 3.824', +000039.50,

Did ENSOT disappear from the RC window after you crossed it? If not then you did not come within the allowed credit range of five miles up high or two miles low.As far as using a direct to in RC, remember that this is from your present position direct to your selected waypoint. If you do a direct-to in RC you'll most probably have to do a direct-to in your FMC. I'm not familiar with the FMC in the Super-80. You can use the bearing to the next waypoint in the RC window and if presented on the FMC display its bearing to see if they agree as they musty since you are using LNAV. Does the Super-80 load the same flight .pln file that RC uses? If so they should agree. RC gets your waypoint coordinates from the .pln file (and the airport from the database derived from your scenery).

Guest aeromeneg
Did ENSOT disappear from the RC window after you crossed it? If not then you did not come within the allowed credit range of five miles up high or two miles low.As far as using a direct to in RC, remember that this is from your present position direct to your selected waypoint. If you do a direct-to in RC you'll most probably have to do a direct-to in your FMC. I'm not familiar with the FMC in the Super-80. You can use the bearing to the next waypoint in the RC window and if presented on the FMC display its bearing to see if they agree as they musty since you are using LNAV. Does the Super-80 load the same flight .pln file that RC uses? If so they should agree. RC gets your waypoint coordinates from the .pln file (and the airport from the database derived from your scenery).
Yes, the Super 80 load the same .pnlI can't try now, I'm outside Italy. Next week I'll fly this flightpane again.Thank you for supportStefano

Guest aeromeneg

Ok, I flew the same .pnl again without off routes. Maybe the problem was because I flew with 4-8x simulation speed and FMC of MD80 didn't fly the .pnl with adequate precision. For the first issue: in this flight, during departure vectors, I was flying with 320 degrees and RC said: "fly heading 180"... it's no so immediate understanding I have to turn left.Thank you for supportRegardsStefano

Ok, I flew the same .pnl again without off routes. Maybe the problem was because I flew with 4-8x simulation speed and FMC of MD80 didn't fly the .pnl with adequate precision. For the first issue: in this flight, during departure vectors, I was flying with 320 degrees and RC said: "fly heading 180"... it's no so immediate understanding I have to turn left.Thank you for supportRegardsStefano
you are heading 320, 320 is at the top of your heading gauge or in your fmc display on the panel. rc says fly heading 180. you look at the panel, is 180 to the left of 320, or to the right of 320. if it is on the left, you turn left, if it is on the right, you turn right. if you were flying 360, and you are told to fly heading 180, it doesn't matter which way you turn.going back to what i said earlier, rc doesn't really care which way you turn. if you want to turn 60 degrees right, or 300 degrees left, doesn't matter. i am just looking for a turn to a new heading. when you come out of the turn, the heading watchdog will look to see if it is the right heading.jd

Guest aeromeneg
rc doesn't really care which way you turn. if you want to turn 60 degrees right, or 300 degrees left, doesn't matter. i am just looking for a turn to a new heading. when you come out of the turn, the heading watchdog will look to see if it is the right heading.jd
I think that during departures and approaches (in general when aircraft is low) turn direction left or right is important for obstacle separation, noise abatement and other reasons. In fact SID procedures always specify turn left or right. Italian ATCs always say "turn left" or "turn right" during departures and approaches. I don't know if it's only a practise of Italian ATCs. RegardsStefano