Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Layer Question

Can anyone point me to a list of what type of objects are "housed" in each of the scenery layers?I know, for instances, that bridges are in layer 7.At one time I had fairly complete list but can't seem to lay my hands on it now.I am wanting to exclude some particular items (Light poles and Telephone poles) using SBuilder but need to know what layer such things would be on.EDIT added: I should have mentioned that this is for FS2004.Any thoughts will be much appreciated. :(

Hi David,you're probably talking about the objects associated with road or railroad vectors, called vector autogen? If so then the only way to get rid of those is to exclude the line that placed these objects. At least I've never found a way to exlude just an errant pole or power mast by itself. For roads that would be layer 6, railroads layer 5, and utility masts layer 4, unless it's an add-on that may have used different layers.Cheers, Holger

Hi David,you're probably talking about the objects associated with road or railroad vectors, called vector autogen? If so then the only way to get rid of those is to exclude the line that placed these objects. At least I've never found a way to exlude just an errant pole or power mast by itself. For roads that would be layer 6, railroads layer 5, and utility masts layer 4, unless it's an add-on that may have used different layers.Cheers, Holger
This is just default Fs2004 scenery - will try using layer 6 only and see if that makes the ones (there are two or three by a roadway) dissapear.Many thanks - P.S. Is there a list anywhere of what each layer contains? I thought there might be in one of the DSK's but so far have not spotted it.

Best regards.Luis
Thanks Luis -I was aware of those - was wanting to know what is in the other layers, if anything. If memory serves when you use the "add all" you get 100 or so.

Nothing is in the other layers, David. They are there for our use.Please see the Terrain Vector Data document in the FS 2004 Terrain S.D.K. for the following information:Layers and Their ValuesLayers define the order in which Flight Simulator applies the textured polygons to the ground and in which phase of the texture building process they are applied.