Sign in to follow this  
Guest ND6849C

FSX ATC problem

Guest deanceran

I recently had a problem with the audio on my computer which turned out to be a bad headset. I thought I had the audio on my system fixed, but I discovered a new and unusual problem in FSX, which was running fine despite the headset.I opened up my FSX (SP2, standard) default aircraft at the gate at KPHF. Instead of trying to load a flight plan, I went to test the ATIS. It played in the voice, but all it said was: "Wind, Wind, Wind, (glitch), (glitch), visibility, vis, vis, sky condi, sky, sky, temp, temp, Dewpoint, dewpoint, altim, altim, altim, altim (glitch), (glitch), in use, in use, in use." I'm sure you are all familiar with what the normal ATIS would say. Now, this sounds like it's something with FSX, not my audio. I should point out that the text for the ATIS appears normally, and I can respond to it when the screen pops up. I've also opened up a flight plan and tested it, and again, all the text appears, but just glitches come up on the audio, nothing normal.I know there are dll's and gvp files that might affect the problem, I just don't know where to start. I really don't want to reinstall because I have a lot of add on aircraft I don't want to lose.Please help.

Well... if nobody comes up with a better solution, there is a repair option from the DVD.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest RonB49

Turn down your Sound Accelleration. You can do that either in the Control Panel or under the Start menu, select Run, then enter dxdiag.R-

Guest deanceran
Turn down your Sound Accelleration. You can do that either in the Control Panel or under the Start menu, select Run, then enter dxdiag.R-
I tried this. It has no effect. Sound is still the same.---Dean

Guest ND6849C
I tried this. It has no effect. Sound is still the same.---Dean
It just got worse. I tried the "repair" option. Restarted FSX and it blew up. Fatal error, and won't restart. Unless someone can help me with the fatal error, I'm down to a complete reinstall, loosing all of my addons, scenery, logbook, etc. Over 650 flight hours all for naught because the ATC won't speak normally.Any other ideas before I reinstall?

Guest 56RAF_Seeker
It just got worse. I tried the "repair" option. Restarted FSX and it blew up. Fatal error, and won't restart. Unless someone can help me with the fatal error, I'm down to a complete reinstall, loosing all of my addons, scenery, logbook, etc. Over 650 flight hours all for naught because the ATC won't speak normally.Any other ideas before I reinstall?
I think the log book lives in documents/fsx files, so that can be backed up and saved.You could zip up your sim objects/aircraft folder and let it overwrite the default after a reinstall.

Dang, I was hoping someone would have a better idea. But, yes you can save simobjects and scenery folders. You might look into the registry repair utility here in the AVSIM library. Not that you should listen to me. However this tells me that something was damaged in your FSX instiallation before you did the repair. Reinstall may have been your only choice all along. What does event viewer say caused the fatal error?Bob

Bob

I recently had a problem with the audio on my computer which turned out to be a bad headset. I thought I had the audio on my system fixed, but I discovered a new and unusual problem in FSX, which was running fine despite the headset.I opened up my FSX (SP2, standard) default aircraft at the gate at KPHF. Instead of trying to load a flight plan, I went to test the ATIS. It played in the voice, but all it said was: "Wind, Wind, Wind, (glitch), (glitch), visibility, vis, vis, sky condi, sky, sky, temp, temp, Dewpoint, dewpoint, altim, altim, altim, altim (glitch), (glitch), in use, in use, in use." I'm sure you are all familiar with what the normal ATIS would say. Now, this sounds like it's something with FSX, not my audio. I should point out that the text for the ATIS appears normally, and I can respond to it when the screen pops up. I've also opened up a flight plan and tested it, and again, all the text appears, but just glitches come up on the audio, nothing normal.I know there are dll's and gvp files that might affect the problem, I just don't know where to start. I really don't want to reinstall because I have a lot of add on aircraft I don't want to lose.Please help.
Almost sounds like mine when my AI Traffic settings are to high. Or I have too many ground vehicles in the traffic settings.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Well... if nobody comes up with a better solution, there is a repair option from the DVD.
Bob, no personal offence, but repair option never fixed mu issues with FSX.The best thing one can do is a weekly backup of entire disk - I have a special 750GB for that. Whenever something terrible happens to system, FSX or other anomailes, You simply copy logbooks, screenshots and a few other things and recover from backup - whole operation tooks about 60minutes (my FSX is 120GB big).Like Daveo mentioned, You should put a notch o two down the vehicles, boats and AI. It helped me on my previous sound card with similiar problem

Guest ND6849C
Bob, no personal offence, but repair option never fixed mu issues with FSX.The best thing one can do is a weekly backup of entire disk - I have a special 750GB for that. Whenever something terrible happens to system, FSX or other anomailes, You simply copy logbooks, screenshots and a few other things and recover from backup - whole operation tooks about 60minutes (my FSX is 120GB big).Like Daveo mentioned, You should put a notch o two down the vehicles, boats and AI. It helped me on my previous sound card with similiar problem
I don't understand why the level of ATI traffic would have anything to do with it. I'm only at 10% for everything anyway. But it's even worse. I tried a reinstall, and that didn't work. Since no one else has any solutions, I think it's time for a complete wipe of everything FSX.This is the most frustrating problem I've ever had.

I don't understand why the level of ATI traffic would have anything to do with it
This is FSX, get used to that kind of problems :)I have noticed also Sound Environment X + other soud add-ons create diffrent anomalies. Especially door and fuel pump sounds

Bob, no personal offence, but repair option never fixed mu issues with FSX.
None taken. I never said it would fix it. Just a last resort. I have seen the repair option straighten up a few systems, including my own.Bob

Bob

Guest ND6849C
None taken. I never said it would fix it. Just a last resort. I have seen the repair option straighten up a few systems, including my own.Bob
As a last resort I removed FSX from my system, wiping all of my saved files that included all of my airplanes. Everything FSX off my drive that I could find, including the .qvp files for the ATC. Made a complete reinstall and the ATC hasn't changed.This is the most frustrating problem I've had with FSX and I"ve still got my floppies from version 5! If I can't get an answer soon, right now I'm down to coming up with a new hobby.Somewhere there's got to be an answer!

I guess we need more info on your system, including sound card vs on board audio. FSX doesn't like something about your audio setup. I'm guessing your not having audio problems with any other apps. Leave it to FSX to stress every part of your system.Bob

Bob

As a last resort I removed FSX from my system, wiping all of my saved files that included all of my airplanes. Everything FSX off my drive that I could find, including the .qvp files for the ATC.
FSX left a lot of Registry keys after uninstalling. Try to DL CCleaner or other similiar stuff and clear a registry. But do the backup before.