Sign in to follow this  
mrcaveman

static noise in spot view

With fs9 when in spot view you could pan around the aircraft and have good sound. I noticed with fsx as I pan around the sound changes and any view left or right of the tail sounds like it has static in it. Is this normal for fsx? ThanksCP

Guest napamule

CP,Well...I wouldn't call it 'normal', but yes, that happens to some (me too). It may depend on your sound set up, to some degree, but FSX sound is buggy. And once stutter/static like noise starts it will rarely quit. Some say to try 'P' or 'Q' and MAYBE it will improve. Reload a/c for 'fix'. There is no fix, in other words. Usually the sound will got bust when the frames fall to single digits. Those that get 45 fps probably never had sound problem. My 24 fps is liable. I live with it.Some say we're really spoiled after FS9, but when something has so many bugs, and they can't be fixed, then the fault is not on us, it's with THEM and their 3rd rate sim 'engine' (runs on 6 of 8 cylinders-if you're lucky (ha)). But, it has it good points. Only you take them with a grain of vinegar. Cheers.Chuck BNapamule

My frame rates are good. I have it locked at 33 and rarely drops below. I thought that it might be because I used the on board sound when I built this computer. I'm going to turn down the hardware acceleration and see if it may help. Thanks.CP

My frame rates are good. I have it locked at 33 and rarely drops below. I thought that it might be because I used the on board sound when I built this computer. I'm going to turn down the hardware acceleration and see if it may help. Thanks.CP
I turned the sample rate down and the static went away. Thanks

Guest napamule

CP,Would you elaborate a bit. Was it sound sample rate (48 to 44? Stereo to Mono?). What did you reduce? Acelleration? Not too savy on sound. I use on board AC97 sound. Most of the time it works good. I listen to my music thru 2.1 system with a nice woofer. Save having to fire up player and clears the cobwebs out of my DVD (heehee). I never checked / adjusted my sample rate. How is it done (it must be simple, I guess). Thanks in advance.Chuck BNapamule

I'am using on board ac97 sound. I selected the control panel, sound, and set te accelerater to max, but the sample down to standard, in the middle. By reducing the sample rate in the sound control panel, the static went away. It still sounds great. The number of speakers in my system is 5.1. Hope this helps.kspi