Sign in to follow this  
Guest Virtual_Tao

Simulating failures

Guest progrmr

What software is available out there to handle simulating failures within FS2002? Something nice and random, and can be used with ALL planes - GA/Business Jet/Heavies ?I would really like to add a flavor of potential failure to my flights but I hate the interface in FS!

Guest progrmr

Thanks! This looks great - and must be the only one out there given the lack of responses to this thread!

Guest Moghdad

Can anyone review this program?I would like to add the slight possibility of failures to increase the immersion factor and provide an incentive to stay on top of emergency procedures. However these risks would have to be simulated realistically. In real life most failures are not serious enough to endanger the flight and the true life-threatening emergencies (engine failure on takeoff, vacuum failure in instrument conditions, etc.) are fortunately rare. Also many failures are directly the result of pilot error.The stock FS failure simulation seems to ensure an emergency on every flight.

Guest Virtual_Tao

Others failure programs to try include reliability factor 1.4 (demo version) which is available in the Avsim library. I prefer this over Alert! as the demo contains much more functionality and works for 30 minutes at a time. I haven't upgraded yet but probably will soon. Another demo to try is Lago's FSMaintenance which is much more than a failure scenario. It includes a fleet management aspect which is very interesting. Unfortunately, I hardly ever finish a complete flight in a single setting. FSMaintenance works from cold startup to cold stop and keeps track of the airplane history. Reliability Factor kicks in after the plane is airborn, so I prefer this program for the moment. Lago's site is www.lagoonline.com I think. Give these demos a try and happy flying !!!Greg in KAVL