Sign in to follow this  
13sharonj

Help with CLS A300 Repainting the tail

Could you post a picture of the template in your painting program and what it looks like in flight sim?

Could you post a picture of the template in your painting program and what it looks like in flight sim?
yes. and btw this will be a continental airlines a300.here are the pictures: template, tail (blank), current stage, and engine blade problem

Could you also post the other fuselage bmp (with the other side of the tail on it).Are the areas affected the wing tips and engine fans?The general idea is to find the areas that are the areas affected and work out a way not to have the paint on it, general by just removing it. There is something wacky going on with your engine fans though.. :(

Guest lgvpilot1
Could you also post the other fuselage bmp (with the other side of the tail on it).Are the areas affected the wing tips and engine fans?The general idea is to find the areas that are the areas affected and work out a way not to have the paint on it, general by just removing it. There is something wacky going on with your engine fans though.. :(
Looking at the piccys it could be the blue tail in the first picture just slightly overlapping the "animated " engine fans Mark

Looking at the piccys it could be the blue tail in the first picture just slightly overlapping the "animated " engine fans Mark
No I wanted the wingtips to be blue.It is overlapping, but how can I fix that? And I will post bost sides of the fuselage.

Thanks for all your help. Here are the rest of the pics. This is weird, if you look at the engine fans here they look fine. I overpainted the tail as you can see but I dont remember going over anything??

I'm not seeing anything major popping out at me.. fast running out of ideas!...wait!All the shots you've shown in flight sim are of the engines running (I guess..?) whereas the pictures from FSRepaint are of the engines off.. which is probably displaying the fan textures from the left_t.bmp. Have a look for a different piece of texture that are of the animated fans and that could you lead you to an answer. The problem is because the fans are all white/blue.. they probably don't exist anymore, refer to the original paint kit you've used. :(

I'm not seeing anything major popping out at me.. fast running out of ideas!...wait!All the shots you've shown in flight sim are of the engines running (I guess..?) whereas the pictures from FSRepaint are of the engines off.. which is probably displaying the fan textures from the left_t.bmp. Have a look for a different piece of texture that are of the animated fans and that could you lead you to an answer. The problem is because the fans are all white/blue.. they probably don't exist anymore, refer to the original paint kit you've used. :(
Your Absolutely right. I painted over a crutial part. Is there any way to take that part and move it to a new area to give me more room for the tail?

Unfortunately not. The areas placed on to the model are hard coded so would only be changable by the person who created the original model.The best you could do is make the tail area only cover the tail, the FSRepaint editor appears to be lacking in some tools that you would find useful. Generally Photoshop is considered the best for repainting but it is pricey. A free alternative would be something like GIMP,never tried it myself but I hear good things about it.

Thank you so much for your advice mcwdainow and lgvpilot1! I will try gimp because I have heard positive things about that too.In your opinion how does the aircraft look? What do you think I should improve? All of your feedback is welcome. This is my first paint ever so I am looking to see what I can do better.

Guest lgvpilot1
Thank you so much for your advice mcwdainow and lgvpilot1! I will try gimp because I have heard positive things about that too.In your opinion how does the aircraft look? What do you think I should improve? All of your feedback is welcome. This is my first paint ever so I am looking to see what I can do better.
I have to say considering that is your first repaint AND you done it using only FSrepaint Well Done :( :( Post a few screenies from the sim Id like to see it !!EDIT If you do post some more shots could you put them in a list ieScreenie 1 jpgScreenie 2 jpgScreenie 3 jpgRather than Screenie 1 jpg Screenie 2 jpg Screenie 3 jpgIm only viewing on a Lappy and I think I have broke my scroll button viewing this thread :( Cheers!Mark

WOW Thanks!! I will definately put some pics up as soon as I fix the engines and do the tail! :( :( Thank you again for your help and support. I will keep you updated on this project.

Update: Engine fans fixed, now with all white belly (the grey did not look as good) and tails are blue ( Im trying hard to get the globe part.) Will continue to update. Expected in near future.