Sign in to follow this  
Scope

How to save HALO.BMP in Photoshop?

I'm trying to make my own HALO.BMP in photoshop for FS9 - but when i save it and starts fs9 it shows squares instead of the halo so i guess the bmp save method somehow is wrong. I use 32 bit and check alpha channel. The alpha channel is white in PS CS3.Hope some help here... ;)

You'll probably need to do one of two things. Either:Save the bitmap from Photoshop and then open it into something like DXT.BMP and save it from there in the correct format, ie. a 256x256 DXT1.orDownload the Adobe plug ins for PS CS3 which expand its capabilities to allow it to open and save a wider range of image formats including most FS ones, you can find these on the Adobe website and I believe NVidia also have some available for PS. There are some extras of that nature on the CS installation disks too, but I'm not sure if that includes the ones you'd need. Check on your CS3 installation disk.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

i've tried to save as DXT as well but then the format is called .DDS and not .BMP - so not sure here either...?