Sign in to follow this  
Lincolnshire Poacher

Can't save panel state - MD11

I'm slowly working my way through the tutorial, the other night I got as far as page 15, then had to end it there, I tried saving the panel state but got a message saying unable to create file. Tried again tonight and got the same. Just occurred to me as I write this that it could be because I am using Vista!! Can anyone advise please?

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE - Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache - Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151 - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE - 1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW) - CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler

I'm slowly working my way through the tutorial, the other night I got as far as page 15, then had to end it there, I tried saving the panel state but got a message saying unable to create file. Tried again tonight and got the same. Just occurred to me as I write this that it could be because I am using Vista!! Can anyone advise please?
Why would you save the panel state if you are in a flight? (guess you are in the Tutorial flight) Just save the flight in MSFS and the panel state will be saved automaticly also.When continue the flight simply start up your saved flight and you are where you left it, with everything as before you saved the flight./ Leffe

Why would you save the panel state if you are in a flight? (guess you are in the Tutorial flight) Just save the flight in MSFS and the panel state will be saved automaticly also.When continue the flight simply start up your saved flight and you are where you left it, with everything as before you saved the flight.
Yes I am in the tutorial flight, I couldnt complete it ( it was ime to go to work), I thought I had to save the panel state and do a save in MSFS. Are you saying that if I just save the flight in MSFS that all the aircraft settings I entered prior to saving will still be there? If so what is the purpose of the save panel option.Regards

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE - Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache - Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151 - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE - 1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW) - CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler

Yes I am in the tutorial flight, I couldnt complete it ( it was ime to go to work), I thought I had to save the panel state and do a save in MSFS. Are you saying that if I just save the flight in MSFS that all the aircraft settings I entered prior to saving will still be there? If so what is the purpose of the save panel option.Regards
Yes it will save the panel state when you save a flight in MSFSIf you would create a special upstartet ac exactly in your way, at gate for example....then you could save a panel state and use it for yor next flight at any airports. If you save the flight, it will only be at that spot.I only use those preselected panel states files as "Cold and Dark" or "Short ground Turn" at the gate, if I wish to have my ac in that way./ Leffe

Thank you Leif

Thank you Leif
Please press the Autoflight ,NAV and PROF when it have startet up the panels.....I use to do that to be certain. (maybe not needed) It takes a short time to stabilize the ac though finding it

Guest oschafer
Why would you save the panel state if you are in a flight? (guess you are in the Tutorial flight) Just save the flight in MSFS and the panel state will be saved automaticly also.When continue the flight simply start up your saved flight and you are where you left it, with everything as before you saved the flight./ Leffe
Hi all,you said that when you load a saved flight you can continue with everything as before. When i load a flight, i've lost all my settings (FMS etc).anyone know a solution to this, its driving me mad XDthanksOliver Schafer

Me too, when i try and save the panel state mid flight i get the error message unable to create file. I have ben trying this because.... when you save the flight using MSFS and reload it, all the information is gone, and the aircraft has to boot up from scratch in mid flight. All FMC data has been erased. Most annoying! I can only assume its something to do with the PDMG's installation process. Also i get no T/O call outs during V stages, and the pause at top of decent doesn't work either. Any help please, i did try a reinstall of MD11 to no avail.

Solved it! The files were read only. If its caused by the same problem mine was then changing the panels folder in PDMG to read and write should solve it. Just left click on panels folder and untick read only. I copied the whole folder to my desktop, unticked read only, deleted the original and then copied it back over just in case. And now i can change PDMG setting, save panel state and yes if you save MSFS then the panel and all FMC data is also saved to the setting you left it at. Sorted, just need to find out why im not getting an T/O call outs now. Any ideas, i have noticed the files associated with PDMG's voices are in a separate folder in the MSFS sounds folder? Maybe for some reason PDMG cant locate them. I get all other aircraft sounds just not specifically any from the PDMG MD11 folder. Don't you just love flightsim :@) . Any one else get this issue?