Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevepow

Does radar contact work with FS2crew?

Guest stevepow

I just wanted to know beaacause i am reading that radar contact has an co-pilot but i use the fs2crew co-pilot for all my flights and i wanted to know if they work together and what i would have to change if they did.

I just wanted to know beaacause i am reading that radar contact has an co-pilot but i use the fs2crew co-pilot for all my flights and i wanted to know if they work together and what i would have to change if they did.
rc's co-pilot actually flies the plane (at least the planes with ms auto pilots). he's not there to read check lists. he also does the comms between the controllers and your aircraft. fs2crew wouldn't know what to say to the rc controllers.but yes, the two can work together. they do different things.jd

Guest stevepow
rc's co-pilot actually flies the plane (at least the planes with ms auto pilots). he's not there to read check lists. he also does the comms between the controllers and your aircraft. fs2crew wouldn't know what to say to the rc controllers.but yes, the two can work together. they do different things.jd
well to be honest I only use FS2crew because he helps me fly the plane he hits the switches that he needs to brings up the wheels and so on he helps me through out the whole flight. how do the two differ? and if both used together what would be the best setting?

well to be honest I only use FS2crew because he helps me fly the plane he hits the switches that he needs to brings up the wheels and so on he helps me through out the whole flight. how do the two differ? and if both used together what would be the best setting?
you can still use it. i'm just saying that rc co-pilot handles the comms, and can fly the plane (if it has a ms auto pilot). whatever else fs2crew does, it can still do. just make sure that the keys for fs2crew aren't duplicated in rc. if they are, you can change them in rci don't have fs2crew, so i can't tell you the best settings.surely someone here has bothjd

FS2Crew is mostly available for the detailed planes that don't have a default autopilot. Yes, you can make them work together as long as you ensure no key combinations overlap. For the 767 version there is even a matching voice set (for RC if I remember correctly) so you don't have 3 guys in the cockpit -- that is, unless you want to, of course...

FS2Crew is mostly available for the detailed planes that don't have a default autopilot. Yes, you can make them work together as long as you ensure no key combinations overlap. For the 767 version there is even a matching voice set (for RC if I remember correctly) so you don't have 3 guys in the cockpit -- that is, unless you want to, of course...
I have both of thems. They give a great experience, i did not had any trouble when installing them. The only thing that does not work (in my case) was the autopilot from radar contact, he doesnot follow the descent orders, but doesnot matter cause i use to pause near the TD, and control again the plane. Radar contact gives you ATC radio comunication instruction, and FS2CREW simulates a copilot and crew interaction, also simulates de checklists and the interaction with the ground equipment, etc, etc, etc. Boths are very good products, and very differents

I have both of thems. They give a great experience, i did not had any trouble when installing them. The only thing that does not work (in my case) was the autopilot from radar contact, he doesnot follow the descent orders, but doesnot matter cause i use to pause near the TD, and control again the plane. Radar contact gives you ATC radio comunication instruction, and FS2CREW simulates a copilot and crew interaction, also simulates de checklists and the interaction with the ground equipment, etc, etc, etc. Boths are very good products, and very differents
i'm pretty sure the rc co-pilot can descend when instructed to. unless the plane doesn't have a ms auto-pilot.jd

hi, i have RC and FS2Crew for PMDG 747Xi use fs2crew normally, and control myself the plane during climbonce in cruise, i gave airplane and comm to the first officer, so he handles the radios and changes he squawk if ATC asks himthe FO of RC cannot control the autopilot, and neither the one of FS2crew, i think, but that is not a problem, because i like flying with fair weather and i don't need weather changesif i need a stepclimb, i simply tell the RC FO to do so, and then reconfigure the autopilotbefore descent i gain control of the plane and the comms, and land normallywell, almost all fs2crew products work with addon aircrafts, so RC cannot handle the plane, as far as i can guess, i think you have FS2crew for default 747-400anyway, you won't have any conflicts

mastery.jpg

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit / Intel Core i5-3550 @3.30 GHz / 8.00 Gb RAM / ATI Radeon HD 7800 2Gb

They work great together. I use Radar Contact with FS2Crew and Flight 1 ATR, FS9.If you sample the Radar Contact voices, you can get a fairly close match between theRadar Contact voices and the FS2Crew voices.Get 'em both. They're a ton of fun. Great support from Bryan York and jd, too!Slugger