Sign in to follow this  
Guest cx331

FSUIPC V3.9 Update Problems.. Anyone?

Guest cx331

I recently updated my registered version of FSUIPC to v3.9. (The Newest) Both PMDG MD11 & B747-400 do not recognize this update DLL. I get an error message stating that PMDG requires FSUIPC V3.8 or greater. Running FS2004 with XP.Checked entire system for duplicates or older-NoneRe-installed MD11 -NO luckRemoved and re-installed FSUIPC V3.9Anyone have any ideas?Thanks Marc Biggins :( UPDATE: Read and tried all the suggestions by others having this problem without success. Does anyone know where I can get FSUIPC V3.85? I failed to back up my old version?????????????PMDG & Dowson NEED TO SORT THIS OUT! :( :( B)

Guest firefoxxx

I have the same problem with new registered FSUIPC version. When I try to load PMDG planes it says error "you are using old FSUIPC version" and when I press OK simulator shuts down. I would like to fly with FSUIPC and PMDG same time. What is the problem?Aleksi L

Someone reported that their problem with the FSUIPC update was fixed by deleting (not just renaming) all old files (of course you can back up to a removeable media if you want) then installing the update. I have not had a chance to try out v3.9 myself yet, but hope it helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have FSUIPC Version 3.906 installed with no problems noticed (do not have MD-11). Running WinXP.Are you starting FS2004 with the a default Cessna 172, for example, before loading the PMDG A/C?Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Guest cx331
I have the same problem with new registered FSUIPC version. When I try to load PMDG planes it says error "you are using old FSUIPC version" and when I press OK simulator shuts down. I would like to fly with FSUIPC and PMDG same time. What is the problem?Aleksi L
:( :( :( Update:Reinstallation of FSUIPC 3.85 solved the problem (v3.81 Does not work!). All of this happened post new MD11 install with FSUIPC v3.9. I have another MD11 installed on my 2nd PC in as I commute between states and had no problem with the install there as I did not update FSUIPC tov.3.9. This is definetley a MD11-FSUIPC V3.9 issue and it will affect any other PMDG sofware you already have installed. Believe me I spent about 9 hours trying just about evrey combo of installation and file removal etc!BEWARE OF FSUIPC V3.9!!Thanks to all of you who took the time to help. Thanks Marc

:( :( :( Update:Reinstallation of FSUIPC 3.85 solved the problem (v3.81 Does not work!). All of this happened post new MD11 install with FSUIPC v3.9. I have another MD11 installed on my 2nd PC in as I commute between states and had no problem with the install there as I did not update FSUIPC tov.3.9. This is definetley a MD11-FSUIPC V3.9 issue and it will affect any other PMDG sofware you already have installed. Believe me I spent about 9 hours trying just about evrey combo of installation and file removal etc!BEWARE OF FSUIPC V3.9!!Thanks to all of you who took the time to help. Thanks Marc
I had a similar problem with the MD-11 & FSUIPC after I dropped v3.90 into the modules folder. Spent a lot of time trying to find out what was wrong. After going back to the previous version that worked, I finally read some of the material Pete Dowson provided. One of his suggestions was to remove all prior versions; simply renaming them (i.e. fsuipc.dll.old) could still cause problems. He also suggested deleting the fsuipc.ini file since it may contain instructions/parameters for things no longer in v3.90. As soon as I did that, I reinstalled v3.90 and everything's been back to normal. Since I removed the .dll extension whenever I renamed an old version, I'm guessing it was strictly a FSUIPC.ini issue. In my case, I'm fairly certain that was the same .ini that's been in the modules folder ever since this PC was born, and that's a few updates. After deleting, FSUIPC generates a brand new one when FS 9 is started.There is no issue with FSUIPC 3.90 & the PMDG MD-11 on this PC. Simple as that.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right