Sign in to follow this  
Guest CX355

FSUIPC Difference

Guest CX355

Today I noticed that the HiFi ASA FSUIPC dll is not the same as the current version which I have installed in FS9. My question, Should not the FSUIPC dll be the same in each location/folder? I changed mine today to reflect the registered copy which I have in FS9. Vincent

The version HiFi gives you is in case you need the version made to work with their software (e.g., 3.8.5), but if you have a later version, that's okay. The FSUIPC that comes with HiFI doesn't do anything. You only need to have the version they provide, or later version, in your Modules folder.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest CX355
The version HiFi gives you is in case you need the version made to work with their software (e.g., 3.8.5), but if you have a later version, that's okay. The FSUIPC that comes with HiFI doesn't do anything. You only need to have the version they provide, or later version, in your Modules folder.
The reason I bring it up is that the instructions for FSUIPC say do not keep multiple versions, so when I saw an open module dll FSUIPC in ASA, (not a zip file) I thought since it was different this could pose a problem. So what you are saying is that the dll will not be seen by FS even though it is in the HiFi Folder? Vincent

The DLL should not be seen, but I'm not the developer or part of HiFi, so I'm just assuming. Either way, you shouldn't have any FSUIPC.DLL files in the ASA folders. I just checked mine and all I have is the ZIP backup of the version that came with ASA. As to having multiple versions, FS will only see FSUIPCs located in your Modules folder within FS9, and you should only have one FSUIPC.DLL file in there. The ASA DLL is there just as a backup or provision to those who upgraded to ASA without having the necessary version. In that case those people would then need to unzip the FSUIPC.ZIP file and place a copy of that DLL in the Modules folder. In your case, you seem to be using 3.9.0, I'm guessing, or a version later than 3.8.5. You can probably delete the FSUIPC.ZIP and DLL from the ASA folder and not hurt anything, but it's nice to have a backup.

So what you are saying is that the dll will not be seen by FS even though it is in the HiFi Folder? Vincent
Yes, exactly. HiFi put it there as a convenience to those who needed the latest version to work with ASA. You only need one copy on your entire computer, and that is within your FS9 Modules folder.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest CX355
The DLL should not be seen, but I'm not the developer or part of HiFi, so I'm just assuming. Either way, you shouldn't have any FSUIPC.DLL files in the ASA folders. I just checked mine and all I have is the ZIP backup of the version that came with ASA. As to having multiple versions, FS will only see FSUIPCs located in your Modules folder within FS9, and you should only have one FSUIPC.DLL file in there. The ASA DLL is there just as a backup or provision to those who upgraded to ASA without having the necessary version. In that case those people would then need to unzip the FSUIPC.ZIP file and place a copy of that DLL in the Modules folder. In your case, you seem to be using 3.9.0, I'm guessing, or a version later than 3.8.5. You can probably delete the FSUIPC.ZIP and DLL from the ASA folder and not hurt anything, but it's nice to have a backup.Yes, exactly. HiFi put it there as a convenience to those who needed the latest version to work with ASA. You only need one copy on your entire computer, and that is within your FS9 Modules folder.
Thanks guys for your help....Vincent