Sign in to follow this  
ilarikousa

squawk codes

Hey JD, would it be possible to make RC5 detect the code 7700 and interpret that as an emergency, like in real life -- would add a lot of realism! Real ATC would surely react if they saw somebody squawk one of the relevant codes...

Hey JD, would it be possible to make RC5 detect the code 7700 and interpret that as an emergency, like in real life -- would add a lot of realism! Real ATC would surely react if they saw somebody squawk one of the relevant codes...
you can do that after you declare an emergency.jd

you can do that after you declare an emergency.jd
My last emergency (I play with FS Passengers and had a cabin decompression), I switched my code to 7700, after I declared it with RC, and I was constantly being told to check my transponder, that it was not set right. If RC would just ignore the transponder after an emergency is declared, that would work for me. (Mainly because if there is an emergency and I don't set the transponder to 7700, FS Passengers will dock me points).

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

My last emergency (I play with FS Passengers and had a cabin decompression), I switched my code to 7700, after I declared it with RC, and I was constantly being told to check my transponder, that it was not set right. If RC would just ignore the transponder after an emergency is declared, that would work for me. (Mainly because if there is an emergency and I don't set the transponder to 7700, FS Passengers will dock me points).
i just went through the v5 code, and i see where i ignore the transponder code if there is an emergency. let me ask again, did you declare an emergency, through the rc menus?jd

JD, I just had the same problem. FS Passengers gave me an engine out on departure. I got the aircraft stabilized and declared an emergency through RC 4 with my intentions to return to the airport. I then squawked 7700 and began my approach and landing preparations. Throughout the entire process RC4 kept telling me to check my transponder. I finally paused the sim and shut RC4 down. I think I went through the right steps. Can you enlighten me?Thanks JoeM

JD, I just had the same problem. FS Passengers gave me an engine out on departure. I got the aircraft stabilized and declared an emergency through RC 4 with my intentions to return to the airport. I then squawked 7700 and began my approach and landing preparations. Throughout the entire process RC4 kept telling me to check my transponder. I finally paused the sim and shut RC4 down. I think I went through the right steps. Can you enlighten me?Thanks JoeM
i don't remember. sorry. there should be a section in the manual on declaring emergencies. i'm not sure when you change to 7700.jd

Thanks JD I did just that and no where in the manuals (either the "Emergency" section or "Tutorial 3" that deals with emergencies) does it mention changing squawk codes to 7700 however if I am using FS Passengers and I do not change the squawk codes I get penalized. Any solutions?ThanksJoeM

I believe, but I'm not sure, that if you set 7700 for the emergency and then set again the RC squawk, fs passengers won't give you penalties. The important is to set it when you declare the emergency, then you could switch back to the original code. I know in R/W the code is kept throughout the emergency, but this way RC won't annoy you and FSP won't penalize at least.Fede