Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Saitek Hatswitch Programing Messed Up

While trying to setup my new Go Flight Hardware I messed up my Saitek Hatswitch panning and/or views and I can NOT figgure out how to fix it. Too many view values controled by one switch. I know ( or think) that when you assign a certain view to the hatswitch that it must put a "value" somewhere? Airfile, Main FS2004 file etc??? I was flying with three monitors but with the messed up hatswitch I can NOT get the views to line up correctly. I've tried for three days to fix it and I cannt ! Would someone PLEASE tell me how to resetup my hatswitch views on my Saitek Yoke for FS2004? Thanks jerrycwo4

While trying to setup my new Go Flight Hardware I messed up my Saitek Hatswitch panning and/or views and I can NOT figgure out how to fix it. Too many view values controled by one switch. I know ( or think) that when you assign a certain view to the hatswitch that it must put a "value" somewhere? Airfile, Main FS2004 file etc??? I was flying with three monitors but with the messed up hatswitch I can NOT get the views to line up correctly. I've tried for three days to fix it and I cannt ! Would someone PLEASE tell me how to resetup my hatswitch views on my Saitek Yoke for FS2004? Thanks jerrycwo4
You might want to check with Saitek's forum instead: http://www.saitekforum.com/

For some reason (?) I can not log into the Saitek forum for an answer. The buttons on my Saitek are programed the SAME way that any flight controler hat switch is programed which means it is the same as a flight stick or other controler. Problem is I can not figgure out how to reprogram the hat switch has 8 differant "settings", up, up right, right, down right, down, down left, left, left up. When I try to "reassign" say the "up" it assigns a certain button, then when I try to assign say the "up right", the assignment jumps from the button assigned to the "up" to the "up right" etc. I can NOT be the only person who ever needed to REASSIGN views to the hatswitch ! Please advise me if you can. Thanks, jerrycwo4

For some reason (?) I can not log into the Saitek forum for an answer. The buttons on my Saitek are programed the SAME way that any flight controler hat switch is programed which means it is the same as a flight stick or other controler. Problem is I can not figgure out how to reprogram the hat switch has 8 differant "settings", up, up right, right, down right, down, down left, left, left up. When I try to "reassign" say the "up" it assigns a certain button, then when I try to assign say the "up right", the assignment jumps from the button assigned to the "up" to the "up right" etc. I can NOT be the only person who ever needed to REASSIGN views to the hatswitch ! Please advise me if you can. Thanks, jerrycwo4
HelloI am not quite sure what you are saying,but have you looked in the FS9 ASSIGNMENTS section VIEWS...VIEW(PAN)......hat switch?AndyPS i use a Saitek cyborg evo and that comes with profile editing software what about your hardware.?

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

I think if you use the Saitek SST software you can set the hat to POV, 4 or 8-way buttons, or mouse. If you set it to POV, FS9 should see it as a POV and you should be able to assign it in the control assignments. In FS9.cfg you should see lines like this under the yoke:POV_MOVE_EVENT_00=PAN_VIEWPOV_MOVE_REPEAT_00=1scott s..