Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Astrolis

Pain...and continuing

Hi There,Firstly, taking on the RFP is a challenge. I understand that when I bought this package I was going to go through a lot of trouble with manuals. I've read the first part of the Cold & Dark section of the booklet and I'm still reading. Just to make sure if I skipped by accident any areas, I reread the same area. This is the part that frustrates me at the moment. I did what I think the booklet said, and start the plane "manually"; no Cntl + E here, hehehe; and at around 24 N1 (after 20 % I turn on the fuel, usually rich when it's cold), but I'm not able to start the engines and I can't seem to find the reason why! :( If you say I'll have to read the ENTIRE booklet, then I'll just have to swallow and do it! :( I'm open for comments, and I'm happy for a discussion,Take care,Astro

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This sounds like no fuel to the engines; since you are getting N2 rotation, you must have established the air manifold properly. Check that your fuel valves on the engineers panel are properly configured and that you have fuel in the tanks. Note that I said engineer's fuel panel and not the console, there are fuel valves on both.Please post back results.

Use the F.E.A acronym.FuelElectricsAirCheck your bleed air in the hydraulics panelAlso, make sure when you engage the start switch on the overhead panel, the GREEN valve open light illuminates for the corresponding engine.Goran

Hi,I went over the fuel section and found no flaws...It's a pitty not able to start a fine aircraft, don't you think? Oh, I still get the same results... :( :( Astro

Just a couple of thoughts:1) make certain that your version of FSUIPC is current.2) Go through the following sequence:1) Establish battery power to the A/C, then start the APU. Establish electrical power to the A/C. Open the Bleed air valve and then look at the Hydraulic Panel and make certain that you have duct pressure. Open the fuel panel, make certain that you show fuel in the tanks, the fuel valves to each engine are open, and that you have the pumps ON for the No 2 tank. Try and start the No 4 Engine. If it starts, then follow the same for the other engines. If it does not, then please post back any error message that you are getting.One other question, you aren't, by chance, trying to use a "merged" aircraft, are you? ( i.e. RFP panel with a POSKY A/C--that can be done but not right out of the box.)

Oh right, will see what I/we when I come home again.And yes I'm "trying" to merge out with my Kalitta 742F by Opensky.But if you insist, trying out the main RFP model, I will do that instead then...I've considered going back to the original RFP model...Astro

The reason that I asked about using a merged aircaft is that some versions of RFP will not allow you to simply drop the RFP panel into another A/C folder. This was a security measure to try and reduce piracy when RFP was payware. If your copy is one that you bought, you may have one of those simply depending on when the CD was produced.Please try an original, un-modified RFP aircraft first; this will tell us if you have an issue with either your installation or your technique. RFP/ POSKY merges can be done, but before trying that, get the stock version going first and then go from there.Please post back what happens.

Okay, so I went over the EXACT explained way of doing it. Seemed liked I DID miss a bit after all. I successfully started engine #4 and starting the rest as we speak actually. NOTE: This is in the RFP default model. Thanks a lot for the explanation it really helped me out. The area I faulted was the fueling panel. :( :( The whale sure is an oldie. ^^And thirdly, I do understand the fact about merging. ;)Any idea why the plane slides? It's really the reason why I wanted to try and merge in the first place... Cheers,Astro

For instance, when your up in the air, which I've managed to do so successfully, I do a typical DME/VOR go around towards the runway I took off. And when I'm using a software like ActiveSky, and the weather seems to be crosswindish, I'm able to land the whale, but the plane needs to crouch excuse me crab was the right word, then the plane turns in the "opposite" direction of what I'm turning on my joystick/yoke. And the plane may even continue all the way out of the runway. Kind of the problem POSKY had with their 747s a while back I remember. Do you get the picture now? :( Thanks, in advance,Astro

For instance, when your up in the air, which I've managed to do so successfully, I do a typical DME/VOR go around towards the runway I took off. And when I'm using a software like ActiveSky, and the weather seems to be crosswindish, I'm able to land the whale, but the plane needs to crouch excuse me crab was the right word, then the plane turns in the "opposite" direction of what I'm turning on my joystick/yoke. And the plane may even continue all the way out of the runway. Kind of the problem POSKY had with their 747s a while back I remember. Do you get the picture now? :( Thanks, in advance,Astro
Make a search in this forum looking for the post "CROSSWIND LANDINGS" you'll find the solution for the plane slide.Gianfranco