Sign in to follow this  
Guest FPSFREAK

Frame rates

Do any of you good people have ideas way the frames rates tend to go down after flying a flight for about 30 to 60 minutes. All is well at T/O with about 20 to 25 FPS then at landing and rollout the FPS goes to around 10 to 4 FPS.

I believe AI may have something to do with it. AI is a fps killer, although there was a thread posted recently that offers some help. During takeoff, your viewpoint is oriented up and away from the airport and AI. During landing, your view is down at the airport and AI--it's when AI is in view that fps is hit with the biggest impact. Other than this scenario, I've never had a fps falloff... Low mem and swap file usage can cause some inconsistency in fps. Should only be a problem if you have 256 megs or less, and less likely if you haven't done any tweaks to FS2002.cfg....-John

Hello Jack,The following are probably the worst for frame rates: - AI aircraft, as John points out, so you may want to reduce the percentage of this; - weather, particularly very complex weather, can also have this effect. Try flying without weather and reduce visibility to a minimum; - badly designed scenery, especially scenery using a lot of textures. Are you flying over any third-party scenery when your frame rates decrease? - you say that your frame rates go down at "landing and rollout" so this would implicate the airport. Is this the same airport from which you take off or a different one? Is it a default airport?Try resetting your graphics details to default and see what happens.Good luck.Best regards.Luis

I've also heard of this before, but never seem to run into the problem. Yesterday morning, I ran a flight in the FSD Commander from mountainous default to mountainous 3rd party which took about an hour and 15 mins. When arriving at the destination, my fps havn't taken a hit. In fact, lately, my fps seem higher. Could be DX9??L.Adamson1.5 year old Athlon 1900XPGeforceTi500512DDRram

Guest FPSFREAK

All the above do kill frame rates. The other possiblity is a memory leak that eats up resources over an extended period of time.Bobby