Sign in to follow this  
Guest drey

Portforwarding

Guest drey

Well i can connect sometimes but i recently checked if my port was forwarded and it was a negataive and i dont know how to forward it if anyone knows how to do this please let me know. i have fs9 and vista and i have fshost to get the ip`s. i really just want to continue on the ultimate global tour.

If you're using FS9 then you don't need to use FSHost to connect with a multiplayer server. You simply hit the Multiplayer option on the side of the FS9 startup screen, hit the Open Multiplayer Session button, give yourself a session name and enter the IP address of the host server you want to connect with. The server's sessions should appear in the Sessions window; you simply select the one you want and hit the Join button.If you're using FSX and you want to connect to a server not associated with Gamespy then you will need to download and install the FSHost Client software. Connecting to your host is then a simple matter of entering your session name, the host's IP address and any password which may be required. I assume you already have the FSHost Spy which provides you with a list of server's already online and the details you will need to connect with them.The only time you need to worry about Port Forwarding is when you want to host a session which other players can join, and when those other players are using different versions of FS (say FS9 and FSX). In this case you download and install the FSHost Server software. When you run this software you will probably get a few error messages which will give you an indication of how to configure your system and which aren't too difficult to correct.But if you're getting the error message about Port Forwarding then you will need to open the Online Help page which you can access from the menu bar at the top of the FSHost page. Look for the FAQ page and the question What is the error "Master server registration aborted?"The directions there will tell you to open a new Internet Explorer page and type in the address of your DSL modem or router. It will be something like http://192.168.0.1/ but if this isn't the one then open a Command Prompt window and type in ipconfig which will show you the IP address of you modem or router. When you get to your modem interface page you may have to enter a password which you will find in your modem documentation, and from there you look for the Advanced Setup options where you can follow the directions for setting up Port Forwarding.It's not an easy road to take, and you only need to follow it if you want to host a session, but be patient and slowly track down each of the bits of information you will need one by one, and eventually you will succeed.Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Mike Beckwith