Sign in to follow this  
DJ

EDLP-Paderborn

I installed Aerosoft EDLP for FS2004, rebuilt the DB, made sure I had the latest version of MakeRwys.exe.hen I selected a fp from EDLP to EDDH RC4 did not recognize EDLP.The loaded Flight Plan window displays like this: to EDDH@25000 (Alt1- , Alt2-) / WRB.TOLGI.DLE.AGATI.NOLGO. *RVSMThe controller info is completely blanked out.I searched the forum but couldn't fine anybody else with this problem.Thank you for your help.Dan

I installed Aerosoft EDLP for FS2004, rebuilt the DB, made sure I had the latest version of MakeRwys.exe.hen I selected a fp from EDLP to EDDH RC4 did not recognize EDLP.The loaded Flight Plan window displays like this: to EDDH@25000 (Alt1- , Alt2-) / WRB.TOLGI.DLE.AGATI.NOLGO. *RVSMThe controller info is completely blanked out.I searched the forum but couldn't fine anybody else with this problem.Thank you for your help.Dan
what is the latest build of makerwys?if rc doesn't see it, makerwys didn't see it. if makerwys didn't see it, it usually means there is something wrong with the scenery.cfg filejd

Thanks for your response. I installed MakeRwys 4.29 from Peter's web site last night. I previously had the file that came with RC4.3 update. I tried with both versions.I edited A4.csv and EDLP is not there. I ran MakeRwys again and watched. It reads the BGL files in the EDLP folder but did not add any airport or rwy info.I installed and uninstalled PFE a while back and I hope it didn't cause problems. I noticed the following and would like to know if it is normal:1. in the FS9 folder I have the following: f5.csv, g5.csv, r4.csv, r5.csv, runways.csv and t5.csv. I wonder if they are all for RC? Which ones need to be there?2. in the RC4\data folder I have: a4.csv, c4.csv, f4.csv, i4.csv, m4.csv, n4.csv, p4.csv, r4.csv, s4.csv and z4.csv.I copied f4.csv to the FS9 folder and no change. f4.csv does have EDLP in it, so does f5.csv.I hope this helps!?ThanksDan

Thanks for your response. I installed MakeRwys 4.29 from Peter's web site last night. I previously had the file that came with RC4.3 update. I tried with both versions.I edited A4.csv and EDLP is not there. I ran MakeRwys again and watched. It reads the BGL files in the EDLP folder but did not add any airport or rwy info.I installed and uninstalled PFE a while back and I hope it didn't cause problems. I noticed the following and would like to know if it is normal:1. in the FS9 folder I have the following: f5.csv, g5.csv, r4.csv, r5.csv, runways.csv and t5.csv. I wonder if they are all for RC? Which ones need to be there?2. in the RC4\data folder I have: a4.csv, c4.csv, f4.csv, i4.csv, m4.csv, n4.csv, p4.csv, r4.csv, s4.csv and z4.csv.I copied f4.csv to the FS9 folder and no change. f4.csv does have EDLP in it, so does f5.csv.I hope this helps!?ThanksDan
1) yes, they are for RC. r5.csv is read by RC, and is reformatted and copied to \data\r4.csv, r4.csv is then read, and the a4.csv file is generated. if the runways aren't in the r5.csv file, there is a scenery problem.2. looks right3. don't copy other files over the files that are in the \data directory.there is a post, probably pinned at the top of the forum, on steps to find the scenery problem, and fix it. until the r5.csv file has your airport's runways, rc isn't going to see it when you run rc.jd

There could be a priority problem with the order of files and priority with other scenery. Try this:On your FS disk root drive create a folder called AFCAD2s and a scenery folder under that so you have \AFCAD2s\scenery. Go into your new EDLP scenery folder and see if there is an AF2_something.bgl file. If so move, not copy it, to the \AFCAD2s\scenery folder you just made.Open FS and get to the settings\scenery library. Click add and browse to your new AFCAD2s folder and click OK. It should show up in the scenery list in the number 1 position. Close and restart FS so it re-indexes the scenery file and then close FS. Start RC and rebuild the scenery database. Close RC and browse to its data folder. With Notepad, open r4.csv and see if you can find EDLP with the edit\find function. Just close Notepad without saving anything. If it's there it will be in a4.csv as well but you can check it if you wish.Hopefully that will clear things up.If you have any traffic packages there also might be a chance of too many AFCAD files for that airport. Using AFCAD (AFCADv221 available in the Utilties library) Do an open airport and when the dialog box becomes available enter EDLP and see how many layers come up. The first (bottom) will be the stock default layer on the bottom. There should only be one fully qualified layer on top of that. Open up the next one above and look at it to see if taxiways, parking, and runways are on it. If so that is a qualified layer. If not then it is a special purpose layer that does not count toward our maximum. If it is a qualified layer and there are others above it do a file\properties to get the full path and write it down. Keep repeating this until you have done the top layer. The top layer should be qualified and the path should be your new AFCAD2s folder.Any fully qualified layer between the bottom stock default and the top AFCAD2s layer should have its file name extension renamed to .bgh. After doing this open FS, let it reindex the scenery, and close it, then run RC and do the scenery build again.What this whole process has done is insure the the Aerosoft EDLP afacad has top priority and you have eliminated any not allowed superfluous fully qualified (runways, taxiways, parking) to be effective.Let us know what happens.