Sign in to follow this  
LSA66

F/A-18 droptanks etc.

Hi guys,In F/A-18's wing textures I can clearly see droptanks and missiles. So, how can I use these? Any ideas?Thanks!

Depending on how the FS model you are using was designed, and which one it is, you can sometimes drop external stores and bombs in FS, for example the FSX/FS9 Me262 I reviewed for Avsim a while back can drop its tanks and there is a B-17 add-on which can release its bombload, so your F/A-18 might be able to do that sort of thing depending on which one it is. FSX missions allow droppable objects and both FS9 and FSX have a control to release drop tanks, although by default this has no key assigned to it, so the simplest way to find out if you can drop things with that, is to assign a key and try it. On sophisticated add-on aircraft, often some other FS command is used to trigger actions and animations, two favorite key commands being the 'lower concorde visor' and 'fold wings' functions, which again, usually need a key assigning.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks, Chock!So, do I get it right that as soon as I assign a key to drop external stores then those will appear under my wings? Is that all? :( Well, I'm currently doing a repaint for the stock F/A-18 and I'd like to see those drop tanks on load stations to make sure that its repaint perfectly matches A/C camo. And the ability to drop tanks is just an option for me...

I really don't know the FS aircraft you are referring to. I presume it is the FSX Acceleration F/A-18 - which I don't have - so I honestly couldn't say whether what I suggested would work. If it has drop tanks on the model, and if they have been so designed when the model was made as to be able to drop tanks when the FS drop key is pressed, then I guess they'll drop, but since I don't have that aircraft, you'll just have to assign that key and see if it works.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

...I presume it is the FSX Acceleration F/A-18...
Yes, it is the Accel Hornet. And there are drop tanks and AA missiles painted on its textures. That's why I asked if I could attach those tanks and missiles to the plane...
...you'll just have to assign that key and see if it works.
I'll definately do that. There's no choice :(